Marines "thrashed"...why do they Puke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Yes you are....

from one of our recruiting posters;

"We promise you Sleep Deprivation,
Mental torment, and
Muscles so sore you'll puke."

To the young recruit...Semper Fi!!! Once you earn the TITLE, it can never be taken away. Honor, Courage and Commitment!!
Sounds about right. Barring screwups he should be done with phase 2 and heading back to MCRD from Pendleton tomorrow. Haven't heard anything since a brief phone call Christmas Eve but at that point his platoon was leading for Honor Platoon. The change in the tone of his letters has been pretty amazing. He's clearly taking a lot of pride in the accomplishments so far. If all goes well he'll be graduating Feb. 2.

Yep- Thanksgiving, birthday and Christmas.
Grandma was SERIOUSLY pissed when she found out she couldn't send presents to boot.:no

onfloat:
Oh, she could have sent them.:D It would have provided hours of entertainment for the whole platoon.:wink:

yep, my mom sent me 21 cards for my 21st when I was in Boot, that induced some vomiting. The key to the run puke is to turn your head to the side so you puke on the guy behind you, just don't stop for goodness sake.

He's clearly taking a lot of pride in the accomplishments so far.

funny how that works, eh?

I am proud too. JB with his whole battalion is conducting war games today at Ft Polk, an Army base in LA. (The desert is FULL, evidently!) He was told that his battery was the ONLY battery to ever accomplish the mission they conducted today...they have towns set up and civilian "enemies" trying to trip them up, ambush them, etc.
He was very proud, I guess multiple combat deployments are good for experience, at least, and that is worth a lot when you are in charge of these young guys. It all sounds very interesting, I love all the stories.

I am always interested in the "facilities" where they sleep, etc.

So..they have full time civillian employees whose jobs it is to play war and strategize every day. I never knew that.

Got a call from the mom of one of Matt's buddies tonight. They were all calling home to finalize their travel arrangements but Matt had his wisdom teeth out today so was pretty much stuck in his rack. His buddy took the time out of his phone call to give his mom a message to call us and let us know he was doing OK- Now that's a good friend!

I'll tell you one thing, running hills (up and down) will make you puke a lot quicker than that of running a flat track over the same distance - bigtime abuse of the stomach muscles.

Quite a few people puked when they had us swim across a "cool" lake during one of our marches. I´ve also puked twice while diving and both times I was pretty cold and miserable when it happend (as well as propably suffering from food-poisoning)...

I think the combination of cold and heavy exertion is a pretty sure-fire way to make people loose their last meal...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom