Markings on Faber 100 How to tell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The REE number is used in the wall stress calculations durign the hydro test to determine if the tank can still qualify for a "+" rating to allow a 10% overfill. It is a very good thing to have on the tank as it is otherwise very hard to get a hydro tester to plus rate a tank as many of them seem to be math impaired and do not want to do the wall stress calculations manually.

Thanks I allways thought it was a ref. number or something. Does the BSE 100 mean it's a 100cu and does this mean I can do a 10% overfill? Thanks Ed

Ed66:
Thanks I allways thought it was a ref. number or something. Does the BSE 100 mean it's a 100cu and does this mean I can do a 10% overfill? Thanks Ed

Ed, I believe that the ability to overfill a tank is only allowed when a "+" stamp follows the Hydrostatic test date.

Everything else is codes for tank manufacturing, testing, and material.

Hey DA, can you elaborate on what the REE number actually means? For example if it says REE89, what does this number represent during a hydro test?

Even with the REE the tester still has to do a little math, subtracting the permanent expansion from the total expansion, to get the elastic expansion.

Note that even when the tank has the REE stamped on it the hydrotester may not know what to do with the information, so if you want the "+' you have to be sure before the tank is tested that the hydrotester can do it, and will. If they say they'll "try", or "look into it" odds are not good you will get a plus.

Ed66:
Does the BSE 100 mean it's a 100cu

Yes it does. Not all Faber tanks have this marking but the newer ones do. Without the BSE marking the volume will be listed in litres. Don't ask me what BSE stands for because I have no clue. :D

dannobee:
REE= Rejection Elastic Expansion.

It's for the hydro tester. It's the maximum that the tank can expand after the hydro inspection. It'll deform a certain amount after the hydro, and this is the volume that it'll be bigger by and still pass.

So here is my example:

I have a Faber LP95. The REE number is 75. So according to the quote above, the tank cant expand more than 75.

75 what?

Dash Riprock:
So here is my example:

I have a Faber LP95. The REE number is 75. So according to the quote above, the tank cant expand more than 75.

75 what?

REEs are shown in milliliters. Even in imperial tanks

rjack321:
REEs are shown in milliliters. Even in imperial tanks

AH, there you go. Wow, so in a language I can understand, my tank cant expand such that it ever increases its total capacity by more than 2.53 ounces.

cool, thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom