Martha's report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUEdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

Apologies for being so scarce on the KPP forum, but I thought I would share some info for those looking for diving opportunities. Yesterday (Sat. Mar. 15) a buddy and I went to Martha's Quarry (just east of Nashville) to meet up and dive with a friend who lives near there. Martha's is pretty darn big. The highlights to see under water are two rock crushing/handling buildings: three stories tall, max depth at foundation approx. 45 ft. There is also a tour bus at the other end of the quarry, but we didn't go to see it. There aren't as many places to park and set up gear as there are at Falling Rock, but it is a decent place.

Best regards to all - looking forward to more "comfortable" local diving weather soon.

at all diving depths, artha's is 48-50 degrees. at the immediate service is a little warmer , but is very short lived

I suspect the visibility was pretty good this early in the year, wasn't it?

I want to get out there before the weather gets too warm and the algae grows. About 3 more dives between me and Master Scuba Diver!

And about the tour bus... It's marked with a buoy/float and is a bit of a swim out to it but worth it. It's at probably as great a depth as the quarry gets -- about 50 feet.

See you there sometime.

On Saturday (March 15), the viz was pretty low, maybe 15 feet max, and as low as 10 feet. Probably due to run-off from the recent heavy rains. Lowest temperature recorded was 46, average was 50. It was a rainy, windy day, and we were the only ones there, which was kind of cool.

Marthas Quarry vis is still great (30 ft+ everywhere). Surface Temp. is above 65, thermo at 22 ft. and 56 at 32 ft.

Marthas Quarry vis is still great (30 ft+ everywhere). Surface Temp. is above 65, thermo at 22 ft. and 56 at 32 ft.

I'll see you out there in about 3 weeks for wreck diver training with MTSS. It sure was nice a couple of weeks ago -- as nice as I have ever seen it. I can't get anybody to do the long swim out to the bus with me. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the update.

Keep the updates coming Fred.
The wife and I are planning on coming out on the 17th !:D

martha's Quarry is still hanging on to good vis (25-30 ft). And I'll bet my sweet bippy that we will hit 70 degree surface temp. this comeing week end. If any of you check your dive log, you'll find that our temps are running about two weeks early this year.

Back
Top Bottom