Martha's report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Fred. I was gonna ask !
Hope you're right and hope to see you this weekend !

Martha's is above 70 degrees at surface, 64 at 30 ft. and vis is still holding on to 30 ft. everywhere except where students are.

today I checked the surface temp. I used three thermometers (all about the same as most gauges) I checked 12 inches below the surfacr and averaged 71 degrees. Vis is still hanhing on with no noticable drop.

Two big nights comeing up this week. Thurday night, this week, starting about 4 pm, cool springs Scuba club will be haveing a meet, greet, eat and maybe dive. Addmission is covered by the diving club for active members or by joining on site, also you can pick up a discount pass at any of greater nashville dive stores (all of them), or give Fred 30 bucks at the gate and watch him smile. Bring a non-diving friend to enjoy the quaility of folks in our sport. Bring your own drinks,the club is bringing the wieners, and Fred is bringing the grill (fred is not the cook). Friday night is a repeat with the Nashville scuba club. These nights are not club meetings, just a diver get togather. Open at 4 pm, closeing when ever. diving is no charge with club membership. Gonna be fun.

I took part I of Wreck Diver yesterday and the visability at Martha's was exceptional. Gotta go gather up stuff for part II today. Great weather topside too. Don't know why more were not out there.

Fred, what do you charge for a non-diver just to come out and watch?

cu

doug

Hi Doug.

The reason not so many folk were not out to martha's is because we had a three day weekend. three day weekends are notoriously slow. you can get out of town, take the kids to see grandma, and all kinds of competeing events on holidays. so, if you want the quarry to yourself come on holidays. today I had a sizable class and four individual divers, and was normal attendance on memorial day. the two day weekends always bring more divers.
non-divers must be over sixteen and are not charged. The property really isn't a safe place for some adults and certainly not for children. This is not an insurance rule, it's a fred rule.
I don't think I need to come back here to announce water temps. anymore. We have warmed up early and nicely. The vis is still at thirty feet everywhere and even greater someplaces.
A fellow diver at marth's today was talking about how the wicked get thier rewards here on earth. I truly must be one of the good guys.
Are you comeing to the get togathers with coolsprings scuba club on thursday or the nashville scuba club on friday? Hope you can make either or both.

Fred, I "should" be there on Thursday with the CoolSprings group.
If not i'm getting a new dive buddy. Because after the last two weekends my current one's lack of enthusiasm is ticking me off !

ps. If we do get out there...don't tell her I said that !:wink:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think about it being a three day weekend since all my weekends are three days long (mondays off for me). There were plenty out there on Sunday.

I'll be there Thursday. Looks like I can get away from work at about 4 and fight the traffic out I-40. I'll bring the spouse. I've been wanting her to see the quarry. The possiblilty of a night dive is mighty appealing.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Wooooohoooooooo....actually going !
Gear is in the car.
I'll get wet tonight.
If it doesn't RAIN !:dork2:

Back
Top Bottom