Mask leaking through lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gamgan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey divers!!

Tried searching for an answer to my question but keep finding articles about leakin mask but it's mostly about bad fits.

This is my question. My girlfriend uses an Oceanic ion 4 with removable lenses. She had not used her mask for 3 months but it was cleaned and stored correctly.

We tried it today and it was leaking on one side pretty bad. Pretty sure it was not through the skirt but through the space between the lens and skirt. Can I remove the lens and glue the edge with some white silicone or is there a correct way to seal the mask around the leaking lens? I plan on removing them in te future when we make her prescription lenses if we can get this mask to work.

Thanks in advance and safe diving!!

If the lens is removable, remove it and refit it. I had one mask that had a major malfunction after about 50 dives. Took the mask apart, no easy feat. and found the seating area appeared rolled over. Cleaned it really well and put it back together. 100 dives later and no troubles.

Cool thanks I'll try it. Soon as I find the directions online :)

Back
Top Bottom