Mask Recomendation

Which mask would you suggest

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a new mask.

I was thinking that I might want one where I can put my perscription in it. I have listed a few choices that I have been looking at. Which ones have you tried or using. I can't use the small drop in lenses because of my perscription that I have.

For the last few years I have been using a non perscription mask, but found that since I am replacing my mask I will now go perscription. And now that my perscription has changed, I could benefit from a perscription mask. I have tried diving with contacts, but have found that it does not work for me and they are very uncomefortable after a few min of diving.

Mares X-Vision. I have 2 with the drop in prescription lenses.

We've had a few of their masks. They do their own on-site grinding so if there is a problem, it can be fixed immediately. This includes bi-focals.

Also, they offer a good variety of styles, both with & without purges.

Cressi-Sub Big Eyes.

I use a Cressi Sub Big Eyes and like it very much. But if I was to go out and buy a new one right now I would choose the Atomic Vision frameless. It has everything I look for in a mask.

Both atomic mask are awsome i dive the frameless one as my primary mast the difrence in the color or things underwater is huge to with the new lense

My first post to ScubaBoard... I'll second Diver Dennis's recommendation of the Mares X Vision with corrective lenses. I just tried it out at the Perhentian Islands in Malaysia and it worked like a charm - fits really well and great all-round vision.

Mares X-Vision...comfortable, low volume, great mask all around.

-J.-

I was wondering would you not lose the great lense properties of Atomic Frameless if you had Rx lenses fitted to it? To my understanding Atomic does not make Rx lense for the frameless version.

I have Rx lenses with Subframe, great clear vision. I tried Big Eyes and X-vision amongst others before it, and neither worked for my face. I have heard that few people fit both subrame and frameless well, they are so different... might limit your choice list a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom