Mask strap and skirt keep turning yellow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you really can't see though the mask skirt anyway the tunnel vision thing is mostly perception not reality.

I disagree that it is perception only.
Your peripheral vision picks up motion by the means of shadows and lights that do not require a fully transparent medium to achieve.

I disagree that it is perception only.
Your peripheral vision picks up motion by the means of shadows and lights that do not require a fully transparent medium to achieve.

Worried about the gray suited fellow sneaking up on you.

Some of us want to look sharp.

Hot young single divers only come around so often you know. Can you imagine, you get into a chat with a hottie and she's all responsive and smiling and looking you in the eye and then you pull out this mask that looks like it went through someones large intestine?

No thanks

Just my opinion of course, but I've noticed that no one looks good in scuba gear. Hot chicks look, well, not to hot anymore once they get a mask on and a regulator stuck in their mouth and the guys trying to look bad ass in those underwater pictures, not so much.

I say wear your yellow mask strap with pride cause we all look like a dork diver no matter how hard we try.

Just my opinion of course, but I've noticed that no one looks good in scuba gear. Hot chicks look, well, not to hot anymore once they get a mask on and a regulator stuck in their mouth and the guys trying to look bad ass in those underwater pictures, not so much.

I say wear your yellow mask strap with pride cause we all look like a dork diver no matter how hard we try.

I say you're right we don't look our best in dive gear and women lose all the makup and their hair gets all matted but why just give up and say "screw it I look like crap who cares if my mask looks like I dumped it in a bucket of piss"

I say you're right we don't look our best in dive gear and women lose all the makup and their hair gets all matted but why just give up and say "screw it I look like crap who cares if my mask looks like I dumped it in a bucket of piss"

Does it work better than spit for fogging?:D

"screw it I look like crap who cares if my mask looks like I dumped it in a bucket of piss"

Does it work better than spit for fogging?:D

I just got back from the beach and I'm here to tell you that the bucket of piss does NOT work as defog.
As matter of fact the stinging and burning irritation of my eyes has barely subsided since the lifeguard adminstered first aid by flushing my eyes out with milk.

I tired to play it off by saying that I had jellyfish tentacles in my mask.
I don't think she bought my story and was issued a one year no-trespass warrant.

And a backplate doesn't look flash when it's on your back

And touselled women look better than trowelled ones which should be left to concreters.

We have a dive store that doesn't do much business and some of his masks have turned yellow or brown just sitting there. Maybe the material reacts with light.

My kid had a Cressi mask that was all clear and developed mildew between the clear plastic and the skirt. Yuck. Bleach white tire cleaner did a pretty good job with the mildew, and brightened up the skirt, too.

I had it looking pretty good, and she just had to have one of the black Atomic masks like RJ showed us. Lesson learned... don't bother messing with it.

Back
Top Bottom