Mask suggestions for an oversized face !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chet H

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all

I am a very large face and have found no masks in my local dive shops that fit me . The scuba pro Crytal Vu is what i have been using, and it sort of works. However I am hoping that someone may have any updated suggestions

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
Have you tried the Hollis M1?

I did. but its been a few years. Have they gotten wider?
No. I wouldn't imagine they have. If you live anywhere near NYC I would recommend going to Leisurepro / Scuba.com. I'm pretty sure they have every mask ever made in stock you can try on.
Also, The new ScubaPro D-mask comes in like 3 sizes, I think.
What about one of those old school oval jobbies?

No. I wouldn't imagine they have. If you live anywhere near NYC I would recommend going to Leisurepro / Scuba.com. I'm pretty sure they have every mask ever made in stock you can try on.
Also, The new ScubaPro D-mask comes in like 3 sizes, I think.
What about one of those old school oval jobbies?
I actually live in Dubai for the last few years , But home is NY. LOL, re the Oval mask. that would be great! , the problem isn't necessarily the lens but the seal

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 43
i think those tend to be of a larger size. Maybe try different silicone compounds. some are grippier / more flappy than others.

Halcyon H-view
I've owned Tusa HD and Scubapro Frameless in the past. tried a bunch of other masks in the past years. H-view for me is the best.

I’ve got a big gourd and this has worked flawlessly for me. I think the same mask is sold under several brand names but the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom