Masks and glasses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many internet sites providing Perscription inserts for masks or Perscription masks depending on your optical perscription.
I purchased a Perscription mask last year from Divesight uk & the service & quality of the mask I received was fantastic.
No these masks are not cheap but the difference they make is priceless.
I would recommend this site to anyone & will be using them again for my next purchase.
And for those out there with poor vision or who can just about read your gauges get a perscription mask its the best bit of diving kit you will ever purchase.
AMEN LOL

Where can I get bifocal lenses? I don't need much correction for distance, but as I get older I find that my arms are getting too short.

Like you I need reading glasses on dry land but found with the magnification in the water I could read my gauges. My buddy during the OW has a few years on me and was using the XS Scuba MA280 - Fusion 2 GR Gauge Reader Mask (runs $79.95 @ ScubaToys) which comes with a diopter of +1.75 - he loved his.

Diver85, what did you mean about prescription lenses for high astigmatism being contraindicated in a dive mask?

Diver85, what did you mean about prescription lenses for high astigmatism being contraindicated in a dive mask?

I'm speaking of eyesight wise, high amounts would be something over 3.5 to 4 D. IMO, some people are unfortunate to have these corrections....@ that amount, I could see where peripheral abberations could cause some unwanted sight distortions......also see link for other astigmatic aberrations.......

Astigmatism and field curvature

Last edited:
Like you I need reading glasses on dry land but found with the magnification in the water I could read my gauges. My buddy during the OW has a few years on me and was using the XS Scuba MA280 - Fusion 2 GR Gauge Reader Mask (runs $79.95 @ ScubaToys) which comes with a diopter of +1.75 - he loved his.
Thanks, $80 is doable. I'll have to call Larry or whoever about trying one to see if it fits my face! :)

FWIW, if it is for just reading your gauges, I am going to try the diveoptx inserts. I have them in my mask now and going through the recommended 24 drying time. Will know tomorrow night if they help. I can tell they do seem to work on land. I really hope they work because if not I might be in trouble, it took me forever and quite a selection of masks to find one that fits correctly.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom