Masks for little people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, you guys definitely gave me some options to look into

I'm an Asian male with small nose and almost zero nose bridge. the dive shop recommends low volume free diving masks.
my personally like the aqualung micro mask and Apollo bio metal.
there are 3 sizes for Apollo bio metal. type a(60cc), type b(85cc) and type c(115cc). also, since it's an aluminum frame, the colored anodizing sorta add a bit of bling to the mask with black skirt.

Agree the micro mask is one of the best small masks around although, it's too small for my face.
These are some of the better masks that I like for smaller faces:
MAKO Freediver ULV Mask $34.95
Cressi Lince
I would also check out the apollo and take up the edge/hog mask offer for a free fitting :)

Another consideration is price. Although it is a lesser consideration, it is one I must factor in. Not because I don't love my son enough to shell out the bucks, but because he is 10, and at his current growth rate I'm estimating that he is going to be 8 ft tall in the next two years. Whatever mask he ends up with will only get limited use before he outgrows it. You know with school and living in the desert always getting in the way.

My 10yo son has an Oceanic Mini Shadow that fits him well. Not a kids mask (they were too small generally) but a small adult mask.

koozemani: when I have parents bring in a child my first mask option is the Deep sea Clarity mask. I find that it is an inexpensive mask that fits most kids well and actually has room to grow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom