Masks-help me with my decision...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marmalade

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently torn between -

1. Tusa M-24 PowerView08'
2. Mares X.Vision Liquidskin
3. Tusa ViewTrekPlus M-23

As of this moment, having just read some other threads on here, I am leaning towards Mares(with lots of users raving abt its comfortability).

But what about Tusa M-24 PowerView08"???

Or anyone has any suggestions for other prescription masks?

Any input would be muchly appreciated!!!!

thxxxx:dork2::dork2::dork2:

Mmm...it's a bit tough to help with deciding on a mask because it's such a personal decision and it all comes down to fit. The Mares would be first on my list though, because they are wicked comfy and have an exceptional warranty. I don't know much about Tusa, although they do make a good BC.

my only advise is to make your purchase on fit, comfort and if it suits your face. not because it has been recommended by others or on price

cheers and goodluck!

A mask is a mask. Don't fall for all the hype. Get the cheapest one that fits well. A mask is about the only thing I wouldn't purchase online. Go to your LDS and try on a bunch, and get the one that fits the best. You'll get a better idea of fit if you try it with a snorkle or a reg in your mouth, because you face is shaped somewhat different with a reg in your mouth.

I am currently torn between -

1. Tusa M-24 PowerView08'
2. Mares X.Vision Liquidskin
3. Tusa ViewTrekPlus M-23

Get the mask that fits the best and is made with tempered glass.

The only important parts about a mask are:

1. Is it comfortable?
  2. Does it leak?
  3. If it breaks will I get little beads or jagged shards?
There hasn't been a single feature developed since the black sea-hunt masks that's worth as much as the above.

I'm still diving an old huge ScubaPro tri-view mask because it's the only one that I've tried that doesn't leak and doesn't mash my nose.

All the nonsense about high volume and low volume and purge valves and coated glass and colored glass and high purity glass and all the rest is just marketing.

So . . . .the answer is that nobody here can tell you which one to get. You have to try them (ideally in a pool) and pick the one you like.

Terry

Last edited:
thx for all your reply!

i'll try them on and see which one fits best!

:coffee:

try to get a low volume mask also, they then to be easier to clear, and are less bulky. If yout vision is not to bad, diveoptics is another choice for prescription mask and lenses.

try to get a low volume mask also, they then to be easier to clear, and are less bulky. If yout vision is not to bad, diveoptics is another choice for prescription mask and lenses.

Any mask is easy to clear with a little experience.

The only important parts about a mask are:
  1. Is it comfortable?
  2. Does it leak?
  3. If it breaks will I get little beads or jagged shards?
PS. Item 3 refers to "Tempered Glass".

Any mask you get needs to say "Tempered Glass", ideally on the actual glass.

"Tempered" means that if it breaks you get little beads instead of jagged shards.

I'm not sure you can actually buy a mask that isn't tempered, but you never know.

Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom