• I have a moustache and use a non-purge mask

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • I don't have a hairy face, and I use a purge mask

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • I don't have a hairy face, and I use a non-purge mask

Votes: 61 44.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...purge mask.
I do have long hair, and the OceanMaster's Q strap is a god sent!! :D
I Love it

don't use a purge. I have a Deep Sea Omni and it seals even if I don't trim.

Hallmac

Hi,
I have used the Scubapro Tri-Vet purge mask and its a super mask. EASY to clear and it REALLY works. However, in adopting a more DIR like system, I now use only a extremely low volume mask w/o a purge. IMO, its simplier and less likely to fail at a critical moment. But, I highly recommend the SP mask. It was worth every penny.

To add my $.02 to the fray, I have a mustache and use a non purge mask. I generally have no problems sealing it.

One thing I took an interest in, is how many of those advocating purge type masks have had/used them for a significant amount of time. Seemed like several that mentioned having them have only used them for a short period of time. Makes you wonder if that opinion might not change...

I have a mustache and use an Oceanmaster purge-I also put a little silicone on the stache to help it seal-works great!

I recently got the Tusa Platina Hyperdry. Works great; slight leak from the 'stashe, but so easy to clear I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom