Masks: Rule 1 No smiling allowed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anna C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I have issues with my masks when I smile :D underwater. One solution is dont smile :rofl3: hahahaha, right . So does anyone have any good experiences with masks that dont leak when they smile, or maybe any suggestions??

I never smile.

I never smile either....I always laugh.........
Water in the mask is a normal issue, just make sure you have the right mask size that fits your face just right.

It's almost inevitable to leak when most divers smile.

If the leak overwhelms the joy then you need to get more comfortable with having water in your mask and then clearing it.

Pete

Anna C:
So, I have issues with my masks when I smile :D underwater. One solution is dont smile :rofl3: hahahaha, right . So does anyone have any good experiences with masks that dont leak when they smile, or maybe any suggestions??

Botox baby, that is the answer. Tighten the old face up and smiling becomes a rare event.

Good Diving,

Dave

If you wear a regular mask and smile, folds in the skin near your mouth guarantee a leak in ANY mask that seals along that area of you face.

If you need to smile and can't tolerate a short-term leak and then clear it, a full face mask is really your only option.

Of course, then no one can see your smile.

Ain't life grand? :wink:

Everyone who already responded has more experience than me, but none of these were suggested:

Glue?

Silicone sealer like they use on aquariums?

Duct tape?

Always think about work while diving to cut down on smiles?

Let me know how these work out. I have just learned to live with the small amounts of water and have made peace with it. It helps prevent fogging and dilutes the nose slime.

:scubahelmet:KEEP SMILING :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom