Masks with built-in GoPro attachment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you'll be happy with the results, far better to get a mask you like and use the normal gopro head mount. You can use a double ender to tie the head mount to your suicide strap or your mask strap so it doesn't go anywhere, but if you put the gopro on your mask you are asking for trouble from what I have seen. Also prone to producing very choppy video that makes some people motion sick.

Used both the head band and the mask. Not keen on either. The main problems are aim and smoothness. It takes a good deal of figuring out to get the camera to see what you eyes see. the mask is better at this because the head mount can be off centre as well as having the wrong tilt on the camera.

You do as Tbone pointed out need to beware of choppy video from moving you head too quickly. A simple task of recording you dive computer from a go pro. Normally you glance at it, if you're making a recording you need about 10-15s of footage so the viewer can take in the scene. I've only used is as a back up and additional footage for my normal G15 99% of my go pro stuff went in the trash. They are much more successful on a go pro stick.

My advice, just go buy a new mask anyway but without the mount

I have the mask - I have gotten some great footage. But the real question is - if you are filming sea turtles, spotted eagle ray, sharks up close, and octopuses and you go to download - how disappointed will you be when the shots are nowhere to be found? Me - it killed me... all I have is memories... I would rather see what I am filming when it comes to things you care about... Hacking around it is great but as has been said - your angle may be off and you get the fin of a sea turtle - the tail of the spotted eagle ray - does not make for a great photo ops...
:D

Since i plan to use it a 2nd cam, I'm not too worried about centering things perfectly. My main cam is my GoPro which I have mounted onto the Gopro Handler. I want to buy a stick. I just haven't picked a good one out yet.

No. Just... no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom