Massive Tiger Caught off Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I saw that. I can't even begin to imagine what it must have looked like before they hooked it, alive and a top predator of the sea.

Not that I'd have wanted to see it personally, mind you, but that was an awesome fish.

At Sea World in Qld, you can snorkel in a reef pool with reef sharks - on the other side of a very thick piece of glass down the middle of the pool, is ~9' tiger just wishing she could play. Just a baby really.

Bugger caves! That'd be like diving around my living room during a storm surge! Bugger that shark to.. you have to really troll with bloody stuff to get one that size! :)

CRAZY!

Doc Intrepid:
Another reason to take up cave diving...

Always the joker Bill... Think about why Bonnet get's closed from time to time :) And have you ever seen the size of the cottonmouth at Eagles Nest!

Take care mate

Sorry guys, but does no one read other posts anymore? Perhaps the title "1100 pound Tiger Shark caught off Martha's Vineyard" just a couple of posts down gives a slight hint? It is already the amalgamation of two threads....plus there is also one in the New England section.

Whooo...sorry bout that, tis late at night and needed to rant...Thanks!

Firstly I find it shocking that so called "fishermen" kill sharks as some kind of sick sports.
If they have energy to waste they might rather punch each other on the nose.
I do have a great deal of respect for sharks and feel very privileged to have experienced a 4m+ Great White in the open water last Thursday.
If some weirdos keep on killing sharks as so called "sports event" an encounter with a big shark might soon be a story of the past.
BTW: There is a lot of evidence that Tigers only eat you after you have drowned.

Lecap:
Firstly I find it shocking that so called "fishermen" kill sharks as some kind of sick sports.
If they have energy to waste they might rather punch each other on the nose.
I do have a great deal of respect for sharks and feel very privileged to have experienced a 4m+ Great White in the open water last Thursday.
If some weirdos keep on killing sharks as so called "sports event" an encounter with a big shark might soon be a story of the past.
BTW: There is a lot of evidence that Tigers only eat you after you have drowned.

Here! Here! To another shark lover!!

We used to catch tigers quite often when I was longlining tuna and swordfish in the Gulf Stream. Never saw one as big as that though, 300-400 pounds were about the biggest we saw.

And for the shark lovers (myself included), we nearly always released all sharks (not just tigers) alive. It was rare to have a dead one on the gear.

Cheers,
Al.

It's really sad to see this even taking place. Worst part is there were a bunch of other nut jobs out there all trying to kill sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom