Materials for Apeks, Aqualung kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermasterB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know what material Aqualung and Apeks uses in their parts kits.

Doesn't seem to be Viton, and Aqualung hasn't approved viton for use in its regs. So are the kits EPDM or Nitrile?

Also, anyone know the different durometer specs for these o-rings?

They are all EPDM. As for durometer, I am not sure, but I believe 70.

LUBOLD8431:
They are all EPDM. As for durometer, I am not sure, but I believe 70.

Out of curiousity, how did you know?

I have sent a message to the support e-mail (for qualified technicians) but I have not heard back.

With a question like yours, the manufacturer would proabably jump to the conclusion that you might not be using their recommended parts for a servicing. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they gave you an answer back.

Wreck:
With a question like yours, the manufacturer would proabably jump to the conclusion that you might not be using their recommended parts for a servicing. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they gave you an answer back.
Well my question was asked about their service kit parts, not about what other materials are acceptable. Didn't hear back, but that is just customer service.

Back
Top Bottom