http://www.diveheart.org/

Matt’s Fundraiser:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everyone,
The fundraiser was a great success, thanks to all of you. There were a lot of people (approx 140) who showed up for the fundraiser to show their support, and a lot who couldn’t make it but still showed support. We raised approx. $9,000 for my project. This amount will make it possible for me to be able to pay for more of the equipment that I need.

I finally was able to meet so many of my diving friends in person. It was like a party all w/e. It was so awesome to meet a celebrity like John Chatterton, he is a great guy. It was great to meet my partner in all of this, Mike Lombardi and his partner, Donny. Another great highlight was to finally get to meet one of my best dive buddies, Susan Long, from DUI. Meeting Melanie Paul from Deep Sea Detectives was great too. The diveheart crew was there also and it was so great to meet some of them in person. Not to mention how great it was to see again some of my local dive friends, Drew and Frank. Thanks too, to Polly, Blaise and Blaine for being so supportive of my dream.

I was on Fox news last evening.

My first open water dive is scheduled to be on June 17th and 18th of this year, at the DUI demo days in Black River Falls, WI at Wazee Lake. Some of my friends are already talking about having another fundraiser there too. Sometime this year also I am hoping to do my ocean dive in Key Largo, FL.

Attached are a few pics from the fundraiser on 2/18/06. http://matt55125.tripod.com/scuba/

Again thank you to everyone. None of this would have been possible without you.

Matt

I had a blast! There were lots of good people there! The event was awesome! I was having such a good time that I completely skipped the aquarium tour which was free with the fundraiser.

It was great to finally meet you in person. You have the cool calmness that I see in tech divers- you know what you want to do and you are set on achieving it. The most overwhelming thing for me was the fact that your entire team is pulling for you and your dream. It's amazing to see the energy of all these people doing their part to help. You and your team are a credit to divers everywhere!

One point that many people brought up was the fact that you are an explorer, a pioneer. I've known this for a while, but what I learned was how much your dream will affect other people. You have opened the doors for many disabled people, who might want to try scuba diving. You are proving that it's not impossible and they can share your dream. Your dream is truly a giant step for humanity.

matt, just awesome

sounds like you're kicking butt now and taking names later!

:wink:

I had an awesome time too. And like Tony, I totally skipped the aquarium tour.
It was really amazing to have so many of the people who are supporting you together in one room. I already knew what an amazing guy you are, but it was really great to finally meet you in person.
I've got the dates in June already down on my calendar. Hopefully it will be a bit WARMER!!!!!

Polly

Matt, I'm so glad that it went well for you!! I bought my ticket, and my head was definetley there that day, and no where else!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!! Keep it going!!!

((HUGS))
K

Matt, you are a postivie inspiration that should be exemplified in others. I hope the best for you in all walks of life. You deserve it.

It's always nice to hear from my sb friends, you guys always have the nicest things to say. Well I finally got the ventilator coming to me. Well I only have 3months and 13 days before my first open water dive, I can't flipping wait, I'am hoping to go to Key largo in November and do my first ocean dive a day or so after the DEMA show. I hope I can get to that show it would be awesome. And for Polly and do it easy it was great to hang out with you guys, it was fun.

Take care everyone Matt

Sure was a good time..... everyone that didn't make it up there really missed a blast.

Matt, if you talk to John, can you find out when and where that event he is going to be at in Ohio is?

Polly

I agree Polly it was a great time. I will try to find out where in Ohio the event is. I'll let you know if I get the info.

Later,

Matt

scubapolly:
Sure was a good time..... everyone that didn't make it up there really missed a blast.

Matt, if you talk to John, can you find out when and where that event he is going to be at in Ohio is?

Polly

Back
Top Bottom