maui aquarium - shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txdiveman

Registered
Reaction score
Monday morning, I did the shark dive at the Maui Ocean Center. It was without question the most exciting dive I have ever taken. Plenty of hammerheads, black & white reefs and one huge tiger shark. For those that recommended I do this dive a big MAHALO!!!!

If anyone is considering this dive...DO IT!!!!

oooooooh Tiger shark - only if he was very very full first.
sounds cool though.

How large is this tigger???

Yep I did it and that's a fun dive.

Glad you had a good time. It's a great experience.

Al - the current one is (or at least was a the end of November) a fairly recent occupant and only(?) about six and a half feet. If I remember correctly.

David

Thanks David, the one we dove with was a 9 footer but seemed so much larger. It was a tad shy :)

Al, they always look bigger up close!!!!:D:D:D
Take care, Maggi

No kidding Bob. They said it was a 9 footer, I could have sworn it was 20 :wink:

They call them babies till they hit 12ft ... but that's still twice as long (and a LOT heavier) than most divers in the tank with them :D

So glad you had a great time with them in there - Everyone I've spoken with that has done that dive came away excited about it.

Aloha, Tim

I am glad you enjoyed the dive. I know I certainly enjoyed the it and the aquarium staff were great (friendly and knowledgeable).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom