Maui Charter for Divers & Snorkelers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmashMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any advice appreciated. I dived Maui 25 years ago (w/ Lahaina Divers) and I'm going back with family and friends in August. We're staying in Ka'anapali. We have a mixed group of divers and non-diver snorkelers. Is there such a thing as boat charters for both divers and snorkelers on the same boat? Which are the best sites for both divers and snorkelers? I'm guessing a lot has changed underwater in a quarter of a century.

Lahaina divers has an option for a non-diver to accompany a diver. You could call/email to see if that non-diver would
Be allowed to snorkel.

depending on how many of you there are, you can charter an entire boat for 6 hours @ $2500 and have the boat all to yourselves (up to 20 i think).

Just returned from our Maui trip and we did not do a combined snorkel/SCUBA charter. However I did find out some information that might help others looking for the same thing save some time searching.

We did snorkel/SNUBA inside Molokini Crater and TBH compared to 30 years ago, the reef inside the crater is in sad shape. Not a lot of sea life and the coral doesn't look that healthy. Lanai or Mala Pier would have been a better spot for snorkeling.

- There are very few charters that will accommodate both SCUBA and snorkel on the same boat. There are many charters that will offer both SNUBA and snorkel. AFAIK it's a combination of licensing and liability.

- A DM I asked said they knew of one: Alii Nui out of Maalea Harbor

Alii Nui is a sister company of Maui Dive Shop and Dive Wailea

We have no experience with any of these operators.

Just got back from West Maui. There will be no vacation travel there for the foreseeable future due to the devastation from the fires. So sad.

My buddy and I dove one day with Island Style (successor to Mike Severns) before disaster struck. They launch from the Kihei boat ramp, almost an hour from Ka’anapali. There was a snorkeling spouse with us. First class outfit. Captain Javier is high energy for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom