Maui here we come! April 12-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right Tim. Treating folks right is the way to get them to be happy and come back time after time. I'll happily pay a little more when I'm getting excellent customer service.

Scrapdizzy, it's really sad to hear that you're the only ones that tipped. :( My husband and I always tip when the service has been good and the crew has worked hard.

FYI, because you had a similar experience to ours with Lahaina Divers, I e-mailed them and gave them specific feedback, particularly about the treatment of the boat crews. This type of experience is so different than any past experience with them that we had kind of hoped it was an abberation. Clearly it wasn't.

I did have a response from the owner who apologized and assured me she would be speaking with her staff about the feedback. She also included a $100 coupon for us to use on future bookings. Not sure we'll take advantage or not, but I felt her response was appropriate and I definitely appreciate it.

I just got back from Maui and dove twice with LD. My experience with them was ***1/2.

My only complaint (which isn't their fault) is that most of the divers were not that experienced. All four dives were cut short by the DM giving us the double thumbs-up only after 45 minutes at Mala Wharf Pier. This is a major bottom-time dive at 30-feet max! Most of the divers on our boat ran out of air after only 30 to 40 minutes.
Only a few were left when we were motioned to come up.

I will try another outfit next time but all-in-all, I was pleased with the Captains and DMs on board.

I got a great DIVE at about 30ft for 60 mins on our last day there with B&B...we dove 5 Caves 5 Graves. Awesome spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom