Maui Meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here are a few pics I took this morning.

Parrotfins (Brian) on his first ocean dive. He did good.

Brian1.jpg

Kris & Howard off to visit Tony

KrisMark.jpg

Kidspot showing proper usage of the shaka (Doug would be proud)

kidspot.jpg

Jill who always has better trim than me

Jill-1.jpg

And of course critters

nudi.jpg

nudis.jpg

snowflake.jpg

whitemouth-1.jpg

Good shot of the snowflake morray - It was a good day for "critters"

Glad you and Jill were able to make it too :D ... now how'd her rebreather class go afterwards?

She got things assembled and it passed the test so she's on the boat with a box of magic stuff on her back the first thing in the morning.

Thanks Al. I was waiting to hear how it went. Sandy and I did a dive today in the quarry...outside temp was 45, water was 50.....and were talking about Brian diving in Maui this morning. :/

Jason

Brian says he's grateful you trained him (good job by the way) and he say you can stuff that quarry, he's moving.

enjoyed those!

kayak divers rule.

Yeah, you can't really appreciate warm, clear ocean diving unless you've been in something else. I'm sure he is gonna have plenty of stories to share. :)

Thanks for the compliment.

J

Thanks Al! Great pictures! Yeah.. I caught myself breathing a little heavy on that first dive.. Way too excited! I'm glad I got a couple shore dives in.. before my first boat dive tomorrow (Molokini Baby!).

Anyone else hear about the shark attack today at Kama'ole? I know everyone was surprised we didn't see more or any turtles. Any connection?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228880,00.html

It was great meeting and diving with everyone today. Looking forward to a great week.

-Brian

Wow, thanks for posting the link! We were on Maui a couple of years ago when that surfer was bitten (and died) right near Kahana by a Tiger Shark. We dove the next day and never thought twice about it. :wink: Glad that the swimmer was okay in this latest case.

Didn't someone post awhile back that if tourists really knew how many sharks were patrolling the waters in Hawaii that nobody would go into the water?? :)

Oh yeah, great photos Al...keep sharing! :D

Yeah it appears he was pretty close to shore. They closed all 3 Kam beaches.

See ya soon Brian :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom