Maui Meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky:
Yeah it appears he was pretty close to shore. They closed all 3 Kam beaches.
Last March, while strolling along the beach enjoying my morning coffee just after sunrise, I noticed a dorsal fin cutting through the water off of Kam 3. There was a shark vigorously patrolling/hunting right on the S. side of Kam 3, just a ways north of the boat ramp. An early morning swimmer doing laps about 200' off the beach back and forth in front of Kam 3 passed right through his patrol area completely oblivious to the shark, even though they were within about 30' of each other.

Over the 10 or 15 minutes I watched various people would come up and ask what I was watching. The tourists would kind of gasp when they saw the shark in the area where they or their kids had been playing and swimming the day before.

They are out there often. Most people just don't see them.

It's a great day when I see them. Of course I don't hang out in shallow water with horrible vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom