Maui or Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Dive and Sea Maui still in business? We were on their boats for the 14 days of diving with Capt Ron and Bill

Dive and Sea Maui is one of my favourite boat dive ops in Maui -- a great new boat (Sundance III), they run it as a 6-pack, and I especially love the 7:30 am check-in time (I am NOT a morning person, and find it very hard to consider ops that ask you to check-in by 6:00 am! :) )

Dive and Sea Maui is now run by Capt. John and Emi. Their web site is at Dive & Sea Maui -Why Us

Peace,
Dave

What about Kauai? Everyone always seems to mention other islands first and never really consider diving/visiting Kauai....

I agree with dmjulie. I have dove on Oahu, Kona, and Kauai. Kauai is my first choice for both diving and for topside. Nice relaxed atmosphere both spots

I agree with dmjulie. I have dove on Oahu, Kona, and Kauai. Kauai is my first choice for both diving and for topside. Nice relaxed atmosphere both spots

Sounds like a great idea and I'll check it out on a longer trip. Given that I'm already spending about as much time flying as visiting, I figured I don't need to add another let to the trip, hence Maui or Oahu which is where mainland flights land.

I was at Maui last April, we had some great dives. We went with Ed Robinson. Molokini has to be one of the best dive areas in Maui. Every dive were heard whales singing, saw a large Manta Ray on our second dive. Saw sharks on every dive. Hawaii's waters aren't as warm as the Caribbean, usaully the Caribbean is 80-82, the water around Maui is more like 72, don't forget a wetsuit!

File0312.jpg

Image164-1.jpg

Image191copy.jpg

Image467.jpg

Hawaii's waters aren't as warm as the Caribbean, usaully the Caribbean is 80-82, the water around Maui is more like 72, don't forget a wetsuit!
That's winter temps. Summer is 80+ here.

Just got back from my break. Had some excellent diving with Extended Horizons - they are a top notch outfit. Wish I had had more time..

And the water temp was pretty cold 72-73. I was in a 3 mm and usually first dive was ok, but by the middle of the second I'd start getting very cold (also on the night dive). Will definitely bring a 5mm next time.

Oahu offers some fantastic wrecks,Waikiki Dive Center are a great bunch to dive with. and Island divers are getting great feedback.for shore dives here North shore has some awsome dives (if the weather allows) BUT I strongly suggest you check with some of the dive ops up there before you venture into the waters up there on your own. I always point to deep ecology for north shore but I have a friend that also works for another shop up there forget the name of the op he works for but on sb he is scubadrew he is awsome and does video of dives .last year the whales seemed so close you could feel it in your chest. I have never dove maui but they get some awsome reviews as well.
flip a coin? there is another option super ferry dive both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom