Maumere report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then the fun of learning a whole new route of manual photography. (Have Martin Edge's book to read)

Do you fire both strobes for macro? Would you recommend another S2000 or should I get a D2000 for more power on the other side?

Thanks again for the inspiring photos. Do you have any from Komodo?

Great. Martin Edge's is also my bedside book, you'll learn a lot reading it.

I used both strobes for macro and then read Mr.Edge lighting techniques and went back to using only one. .. but I am also more interested in super macro, oppositely for close up shots only (like fish portraits) I would use two strobes.
Now I'm also trying to use a Seahorn snoot... THAT is difficult. :eyebrow:

I don't think the D2000 is more powerful than the S2000 inon gives them both at GN20, it's only bulkier and older. If you really want more power take the Z240, wide angle you always need more power and more angle.. but if it might be too expensive. You should think about fixing a good focus light on top of your camera it's very handy for super macro as it helps focusing. I would consider the Inon 250 light if I were you (I have the Inon S550light, it's almost too powerful .. some creatures shy away at night :rofl3:).

Yes I have photos from Komodo too but they're more focused on coral landscapes than fish, I'll upload them one of these days :wink: .. I also have plenty of Sipadan/Mabul images I need to process... my summer Komodo/Maumere/Sipadan trip takes me too much time... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom