Mauritius - Dive Dream Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogiewan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a tip about Dive Dream at Trois aux Biches in Mauritius.
Had two great days of diving with them and highly recommend the shop.

They also have what looks like nice rooms for rent as well surrounding a central swimming pool. (I never got a look but I probably would try them next time.)

The whole staff was excellent and great to work with.
The diving was fantastic after the first "get to know you" dive.

I took some friends for the intro to scuba course and a couple were definitely hooked.

Don't ask me about the Lionfish at the "Emily et Water Lily" wreck or I will never shut up...

DIVE-DREAM.ORG - centre de plongée sous-marine fédéral, PADI et CMAS à MAURITIUS

I'm posting this mainly because I couldn't find any info about Mauritius before I went.
Some of the divers on the boat thought the water was cold at 72. (mid winter)
I thought it was perfect.

I did not get to dive that area when I was in Mauritius Sept-Oct. 07. I did get to go on a day cruise form Grand Baie to some islands north of Mauritius.

The water temp for us was 74-75* 3 mil no hoods.

My favorite dive was on the east side of the island in the Trou d'Eau Douce area. The dive started out as a strong drift from the inside of the reef to the outside of the reef and then into some canyons. The canyons were full of very large fish and viz was easily 60 FT. I wished i had my camera. Prior to dive we were warned about how strong the current was and how bad the viz would be going through the reef, so I left my camera behind to be safe.

I have to ask, since you live in So Cal would you go back to Mauritius for Holliday. PM me with respsonse.

I did not get to dive that area when I was in Mauritius Sept-Oct. 07. I did get to go on a day cruise form Grand Baie to some islands north of Mauritius.

I have to ask, since you live in So Cal would you go back to Mauritius for Holliday. PM me with respsonse.

It was a long frickin' flight but it was some of the best diving I've ever done.
From SoCal I might be tempted to go back to Fiji but I would really consider going back for a longer stay at the Dream Center apartments.

They were that good.
(Of course, I don't have a family that wants to shop - cause there's not much of that on the island..)

There didn't seem to be a lot of current on the west side at Trois aux Biches.
Nice an peaceful, vis between maybe 50 and 80 ft.

I went to Mauritius,because a friend on mine married a girl who lived there. They now live in the US.

The only thing I can say bad about Mauritius is the flight to get there.

When we stayed on the westside we shopped Port Louis and Curepipe. Alot of tourist shop Port Louis. When we stayed on the eastside we were taken to Belle Mare and another town north of that,(I can't remember the name).

We stayed and dove most of the time in the Flic en Flac area. When we stayed at blue bay we did very little diving, mainly just relaxing and eating.

I think 23 people flew there from the US for the wedding. All of them I talked to said the same thing hated the long flight.

I think Fiji or the GBR would be much easier to get to than Mauritius.

Back
Top Bottom