Mauritius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skuba-doo

Registered
Reaction score
Might have the opportunity to visit Mauritius in July this year. Ive been recommended Sun Divers (whilst staying at La Piroge)
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on diving in Mauritius, Sun Divers or any other Centres
cheers

Hi Im from Mauritius, Maybe we can get in touch when you visit, I can introduce you to my club or some diving centres, whichever you prefer.
But Im new to diving myself, so im always accompanied. anyway maybe i can help you around when you come cause i dive a lot lately due to the new found pleasure.
Pm me

Hi

I'm hopefully going to Maurtus in Sep. Can you give any tips on where to dive or any good dive centres?

Thanks

We stayed in Flic en Flac, near Wolmar on the West Coast. Its a pretty small place but travel by road can take a while. We hired a car and covered most of the southern half. Lovely place.
I dove with Sun Divers, based out of La Piroge hotel in Flic en Flac. They were good, pretty good dives sites, decent equipment and quite a busy school if you are looking to do some courses. Its particularly good if you like undewrwater photography as Gerald (owner) is very good. Couple of points though: The dive briefings were not always very good, and the DM's often spent alot of time photgraphing things which was a bit dull if you arent into photography - I sometimes felt all I was doing was funding their hobby! Overall though a safe outfit and a laid back, friendly approach. If you do visit Mauritius, Id recommend Cassella Wildlife Park (you can walk with Lions!) and also there are some great waterfalls in the region.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom