mayan palace riviera maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tommydz

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
any info on dive shop at resort or shop that will pick up at resort? planning trip in feb 2010. thanks.

We just returned after staying at the Mayan Palace. There is a dive shop on site, I think they charge 85 for a two tank dive or you can bargain it down to 65 cash which includes the gear.

If you are looking for other dive shop, so will need to go into town, since they do not pick up at the Mayan resort.

We did not dive with the on-site shop, since our second week took us to Cozumel, that;s where we dove for 5 days.

I hope this helped.

would you know the name of the dive operators.

would you know the name of the dive operators.

I included a picture from the top of the palapa with there info on it.

Attachments

• Dive Shop - Grand Mayan.jpg
    Dive Shop - Grand Mayan.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 389
Just returned from the mayan palace/grand mayan, great property. took the collectivo in to town $2 each way, dove with Tankha in playa del carmen, $68 pr 2 tan dive. good DMs. The on site guys can be reached through the resort, they are a vendor of the resort. if you go to Cancun you can check out Mayan Aqua Dive (Ben). Both of the above have a website. Just go outside the front gate to catch a cab, bus or share-a-van (collectivo) and you can save big $ to go into town.

Hey tommydz - we are headed to the Mayan Palace Riveria Maya in a couple of weeks. What did you end up doing for diving? Did you use the onsite operation and how was it? I'd love to see a trip report or any other insight you'd be willing to share :) TIA!

Hey tommydz - we are headed to the Mayan Palace Riveria Maya in a couple of weeks. What did you end up doing for diving? Did you use the onsite operation and how was it? I'd love to see a trip report or any other insight you'd be willing to share :) TIA!

When are you going to be there? I'll be in Tulum 3/6-3/13 taking Cavern / Intro, then meeting my wife at the Grand Myan 3/13-3/20.
The on-site op is basic (timed resort dives on the closest available reef), I prefer Playa Scuba for the Cenotes or Jason @ Fantasea (playacountryboy on scubaboard) for the reefs.

did 3-2 tank dives with wet set for 160$. puerto morlas was a short collectivo ride and then a 2$ cab ride to shop. gear was included. good outfit with small group first day then the owner and i for other days. favorite dive was the wreck , got some good photos of school of eagle rays. well worth the time and money. did 1-2 tank at shop at mayan palace. 80$ gear was included dives reminded me of santa rosa off cozumel but at 30-50 feet. both good outfits but i liked wet set for the town, beach, restuarant, and staff .

I've been to Mayan Palace twice, and while I'm not nuts about the resort (way too friggin' big) I love going into Playa to fart around and dive. I go with Phantom Divers, a great little shop a block off the beach on the north end of Playa. They do all the regular dives, and can partner with Cozumel shops if you want to go out to the island. I recommend them highly.

Back
Top Bottom