MBUAR Minutes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I get emailed copies of the minutes of Massachusetts Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources meetings. If anyone's interested, I can post them, or alternately post items of note if and when they come up.

I also have a list of MA municipalities that have reconnissance or excavation permits issued. If anyone's interested, I can post that as well, so everyone's artifact collection is nice and legalish.

As it happens, at least one site in the dive guide some of us use is almost entirely covered within one of these excavation claims, and no mention is made of that in the book. (Peggoty Beach, Scituate)

New Members.

Vic (Victor Mastone, MBUAR Director) announced three new members to the Board. Marcie Bilinski (Dive Community Representative), John Hoagland (Dive Community Representative) and Brendan Foley (Marine Archaeologist). He recalled that the dive community positions had been vacant for a couple of years and the marine archaeologist position for nearly a decade.

Ms. Belinski is the nominee of the Bay State Council of Divers. She has an extensive resume of dive experience and technical skills. She is active in seven diving related organizations. Her diverse diving and security background will complement and strengthen the Board.

John Hoagland has been an active member in the Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project whose purpose is to train avocational underwater archaeologists. He is member of the archaeology committee of the National Association of Black Scuba Divers. He has demonstrated a strong commitment to historic preservation issues.

Mr. Foley is a doctoral candidate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has both an MS in marine archaeology and an MA in maritime history. He has extensive field experience, locally and internationally. His experience and academic background will greatly enhance the Board.

Back
Top Bottom