MC wreck divers get together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
hey all before the end of OCT lets all try to get together either ocean dive or maybe even quarry dive , what you all think !!!!!

I was just thinking the same thing last night. We should try to pull it off.
jason

medic13:
hey all before the end of OCT lets all try to get together either ocean dive or maybe even quarry dive , what you all think !!!!!

Sounds good to me. I'm actually going to be at the quarry on the second saturday in October. Maybe we could get together then. I could do a shallow wreck dive if you want to plan that, or how about the Triangle Wrecks at Hatteras? Haven't got my AOW yet for the deep wrecks. I know Discovery has a boat out to the Indra on October 14th.

Let me know what ya think.

Mel

Which quarry? I've dived several and am always looking for more places to dive and buddies to dive with.

(I'm in Charlotte now, traveling to DC today and Miami later this week, but really want to get wet before things get too cold. If you guys get together for something between here and the Raleigh area after next weekend, count me in!)

I'm in if at all possible. My weekends are pretty full in OCT but I would love to if I can. Which quarry? Rolesville, Rawlings or Blue Stone?

Thatsme, I suspect the quarry you are going to is Fantasy Lake, aka Rolesville Quarry which is about 45 minutes north of Raleigh.

ThatsMe:
I will be doing my check out dives in a quary in NC I think the name is chrystal lake or something. its near Raleigh. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds like you'll be at the Rolesville Quarry, a.k.a. Fantasy Lake.

herman:
I'm in if at all possible. My weekends are pretty full in OCT but I would love to if I can. Which quarry? Rolesville, Rawlings or Blue Stone?

Thatsme, I suspect the quarry you are going to is Fantasy Lake, aka Rolesville Quarry which is about 45 minutes north of Raleigh.

I'll be at Rolesville Quarry on October 9th, however, I could do the 10th too. I could also dive the weekend of 10/16 and/or first weekend in November. Other than 10/09 I could also meet you at Blue Stone. I haven't been there yet but my best friend lives in Thomasville so I'd have a place to stay.

Herman, my diving buddy is Mary Mueller (she'll be at the quarry with me on the 9th). We dove the quarry on Saturday and she told me to tell you hello on SB!

Mel

Hi Mel,
I may just have to try to get up there on the 9th. Mary is on my "people to meet" list from the Bonaire Board.

herman:
Hi Mel,
I may just have to try to get up there on the 9th. Mary is on my "people to meet" list from the Bonaire Board.

Yes, Mary has Bonaire on the brain 24-7! She is a great person and quite a talker.

I was just over at Gypsy talking to Dave, and he and Laura are planning a trip to Rawlings on October 6th for the day. I think I'm going because I need to get some dives in before the Key Largo trip I'm taking with SB Singles Club in Nov. Maybe you could plan to do that one if the 9th fails. With Mary's work/home schedule I doubt she could get off during the week.

The main problem with Rawlings (closest one to me) is that the NC wreck divers would be getting together in VA not NC, not that big a deal really but....
Fantasy Lake (Rolesville) might be a better choice since it is more centrally located in our state. If done at one of the quarries (at least Rolesville or Rawlings) we could throw a cook-out into the picture.
I was planning on trying to meet suthnbelle at Rolesville on the 9th of Oct so that could be a start...anyone else? If that doesn't work I could also do it the week-end of Oct 16-17 or Oct 23-24.
jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom