Medium Format underwater housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crestgel:
Where are you located we should talk. How much would a housing for the Contax 645 cost? Do you have a website with more info?

Sorry I have not responded sooner, I have the Flu and I’m just getting over it.

At the present time I have more work than I can handle and could not take on any new projects.
I could however help you with information, or help you with a design, and some light fabrication.

I live in South Florida, Lauderdale by the Sea. You can reach me at my Motel number...954-772-3336 ext 0 for the office. The motel web site is blueseascourtyard.com

Marc

f3nikon:
You got that right. Also the viewfinder on my Bronica is HUGE! Almost the same size as the camera body, the screen size of this action finder is 2.5 inches dia.!! I could see the entire frame in the viewfinder, from almost a foot away, great for underwater housings and a dive mask! And with a 645 you get more pics from a roll of film when compared to a 6X6

That is a BIG vewfinder. does it have a meter inside?

Marc Furth:
Sorry I have not responded sooner, I have the Flu and I’m just getting over it.

At the present time I have more work than I can handle and could not take on any new projects.
I could however help you with information, or help you with a design, and some light fabrication.

I live in South Florida, Lauderdale by the Sea. You can reach me at my Motel number...954-772-3336 ext 0 for the office. The motel web site is blueseascourtyard.com

Marc

Thanks in advance. I will definitely be calling you.

crestgel:
That is a BIG vewfinder. does it have a meter inside?

No meter, I plan to bring an UW point and shoot during the dive to meter or "Polaroid" the exposure.

crestgel:
Any advise on other custom housing manufactures or comments are greatly appreciated. Maybe someone in the socal area with access to a lathe, mill... can give me a hand.

Why stop at medium format. What about a waterproof view camera? Seriously.
Not a housing but a simple waterproof camera. You have a tube with film at one and and a lwide angle lens under a dome port at the other end. The is just one control, the shutter.
Focus would be fixed at "parafoca". The system would require a tripod.
You get one shot then change film atthe surface.
645 format is a little beterthan 35mm but just a litte. But nothing compares with sheet film

Another idea would be to build a "glove box" basically a one foot plexiglass cube with two round holes and drysuit style gloves attached to the holes (DUI zip seal?) then you add air to the box till the pressure is close to ambient. Operate the camera with two gloved hands.
Of course you'd need a lot of lead, about 60 pounds for a foot cube

Once you have the glove box it could hold a either a medium format, video or view camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom