Meet and Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wherever, I live in polk county, so I don't dive tampa much, I will be in tampa on the 7th diving somewhere, if all else fails, I'll find a piece of shore someplace and look at some sand from under a swimmer bouy. I'm up for anywhere, but for the moment I'm officially unemployed, so charters are pushing it, But I might be able to pull it off this time.

Because I came to find out that the "Dive Master" they use in untrustworthy.

As good of a reason as any.

Me, bloaf, and my buddy Charles went to blue grotto yesterday. Had a great time doing the loop down to like 80 feet and freezing my junk off. Also had fun watching all the tech guys (and gals) and how they operate in the water, talked to the wife of a bp/w couple and she said it was her first time in the set but was liking it a lot. I was surprised at the lack of rec diving gear, besides the couple of open water classes (thanks blondie for being buried in your compass to much to avoid running me clean over) pretty much everyone there was rocking the bpw if not sidemount. Why is that place so big for the "tech" crowd? Its a lot of overhead i know but hardly a cave dive...

Spanish Rocks is cheap (being a shore dive), accessible (being a shore dive), and a great place for a meetup (being a shore dive). That being said, I haven't dove there. Anyone interested in that on Sat July 7?

Looks like about 5 of us so far for Hudson grotto on the 7th if anyone else is interested.
Not 100% sure on the time yet but it will get nailed down soon. Not as cheap as the rocks but prob 10 more feet of vis.

Last edited:
Because I came to find out that the "Dive Master" they use in untrustworthy.

---------- Post Merged at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:57 AM ----

Sure. Where?
Personal experience with her. Not because of what anyone else said. Just what I experienced with her first hand.

I would prefer Spanish Rocks if the conditions are perfect as it doesn't take much to bring the viz to nothing there. I really enjoyed it there and although Hudson has... errrr... "character", I would rather dive to see coral and fishes.

However I'm fine with Hudson as well though. As long as I'm diving, I'm happy!

Hudson sounds great too, but does it require a light? May do Spanish Rocks tomorrow. Forgot I had this hump day off.

I was just thinking of Spanish Rocks for tomorrow as well. I wanted to get there early to avoid the holiday crowd. If that's possible.

Im not sure if they requre a light at Hudson, but you should have one if you plan on going deeper than around 60'. Anything under the helocline does not get any sunlight and is completely dark. If your staying above the helocline, you won't need a light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom