Meet GHOST - revolutionary BCD Diving System !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its an oversized bcd for midgets who dive drysuits and need lots of lift for all the weights. kinda pricey for an inflatable bag with some misplaced straps.

Looks very interesting, like the backplate design a lot. Theoretically the double crotch strap would give more stability to the whole thing ... do your (xDeep) dealers offer a demo dives on this ?
Can that backplate be used with doubles ?

While this exceeds what I am interested in paying for a singles set-up, I do not see the price being that ridiculous. Look at any aspect of any sport/hobby and there are expensive things that claim to be superior for all sorts of valid and silly reasons. This gear will not "take over the market" but I am sure some people will appreciate spending that much money and getting equipment which they believe is superior for those very reasons.

While the OP will never see an order from me for this set-up, they might just see some money coming from Canada for some of the other things I see on their site. Good came from this thread :thumb:

Steady on there big fella, for the record we like to be called "little people":wink:

I thought the politically correct term is "vertically challenged"?

---------- Post added June 13th, 2013 at 05:54 PM ----------

This is weird. Not one of the posters has tried this design. The price is only $659 which is on the high side but not outrageous.

It is more expensive than the Halcyon Traveler at $599.00. I would say that being more expensive than H is pretty outrageous.

The double crotch straps might be the best thing ever. Nobody here knows bc we haven't tried it.

The Seac that I mentioned that the OP called a "banana" also has a double crotch strap. This was one diver's point of view. "-the crotch strap is weird, it splits and goes over each leg up to the belt. It works and prevents unpleasant pressure for males, but its strange."

I'm happy with my system but I'm not going to dog a product that has obviously been thought through and appears to be quality.

How do you know it has been thought through? The wing is a single bladder design which is easier to puncture. Oxycheq, DSS, and Halcyon used to make this type of wing and discontinued production. Halcyon has since brought it back with the Traveler. Apeks makes a single bladder and the Zeagle Express Tech uses a single bladder. You watched the video, the wing is flopping in the current, I would think this adds drag. A narrow wing with an inner bladder is not going to flop around as much because it is stiffer.

When asked the OP does not give specific answers why this is better, so I am unsure how well this was thought out.

Kudos on trying something different.

I am not sure how different it is. It looks like a better executed alternative to the Seac. They try to make it sound different but the main selling point is the weight savings.

The video is interesting. The top of teh wing seems to be quite low, and it then extends quite far down to the divers butt. Certainly prevents any pressure on the hoses.

Looks pretty cool.

Attachments

• haters-gonna-hate.jpg
    haters-gonna-hate.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 258
Why is everyone so critical of the pricing?

There are quite a few different BCs out there that cost $600 and above.
Apex, Black Ice
SP, Knight Hawk
Zeagle, Stiletto
Zeagle, Ranger
Mares, Hybrid
Seac, 3D Jacket
Tusa, Conquest

Average price among these is around $640.

This is weird. Not one of the posters has tried this design. The price is only $659 which is on the high side but not outrageous.

The double crotch straps might be the best thing ever. Nobody here knows bc we haven't tried it.

I'm happy with my system but I'm not going to dog a product that has obviously been thought through and appears to be quality.

Kudos on trying something different.

That's just the way it is. A bunch of self-designated pontificators criticizing anybody else's challenge to their ideals.

Back
Top Bottom