Meet-N-Greet/Dinner, Friday, September 5th, Quaker Steak & Lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's all good. Except the pants thing. That's beginning to worry me a little. Of course if we got Ken to show up they may be able to entertain all of us for a while before the Pinellas Park PD showed up. Let's see what happens. :)

Spoke with the floor manager and he has us down for up to 30 people (I was being optimistic). I'll reconfirm with him Thursday evening so lets get as many as we can to attend.

The food and service was excellent as usual and the wings are great.

Hi, this is msscuba(Rachel) I would like to attend the next get together on 9/5. I do not know my way around St.Pete. I do live near Westchase. Can we carpool? This will be my first attendance. Count me in. Thanks

Well, I'll forgo my tie, I'd hate to draw attention to our table by wearing such a thing! :)

Hi, this is msscuba(Rachel) I would like to attend the next get together on 9/5. I do not know my way around St.Pete. I do live near Westchase. Can we carpool? This will be my first attendance. Count me in. Thanks

Sounds like a plan. You can ride with me. We will have to print ourselves some directions as I certainly don't know my way there :rolleyes: And don't worry, I will be wearing pants or a skirt or something. :D I'll get with you by Thursday to set our plan.

Scoobahdood and Chugger live near me as well, maybe they will want in our carpool.

Scoobahdood and Chugger live near me as well, maybe they will want in our carpool.

I'm going to actually end up missing this one. When I suggested the 5th I didn't realize it was so late in the week. I'm leaving Tuesday or Wednesday of next week for Norfolk, VA. I'm sorry I'll have to miss out on this one. I mentioned it to the folks and they seemed interested.

If anyone needs directions, PM me. I live near Quaker Steak and also know Tampa well, so I should be able to help if needed.

It's easy.
I-275 south from Tampa, over the Howard Franklin bridge into Pinellas county.
Take the Gandy Blvd/Pinellas Park/US19 exit 28 and make a right onto Gandy blvd, go about a 1/2 mile then make a right just before the overpass on to US19 north. Take US19 N to the 49th street north exit and make a right just before the overpass and Quaker Steak and Lube will be right there on your left. Easy to spot.

I might be riding my motorcycle to work depending on the weather so I would just rider over after work. If not, I'll let you know on the carpooling thingy. :wink:

They do have great wings there (many different flavors to choose from). There is one flavor that's so hot I think they make you sign a waiver to eat them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom