Meet up with Greatwolf tomorrow night (01/17)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soo, i signed up for friendster today. The only reason was because the website i am a mod on (wetpixel.com if anyone is interested, uw photo related) had a post on it today about friendster! weird that both of these sites would mention it in two days....

Soooo, it took me 45 mins to sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet, i still don't get the point of it!?! It says i am on there to meet friends. Ok lang..... But i am not going to type all that address **** in! Besides, i don't think any of my friends are on it. We chat on MSN....

I then hit something about meeting friends, it gave me a list of others on friendster in Micronesia, ummmmmmmmm, so who give a toss?!?!

So, again....what is the point of this website? Why do i want to visit there again? Seems SB is somewhere where people can chat back and forth and have a good time. If i want to talk to someone on a personal level i use MSN messenger. Why would i use friendster?! Can you even do that there? Is it just somewhere to post pics and a blog? a place to post part pics which i won't put on my website? (not that i ever pary here, except those bakla photos) Only thing i can think of is to look at other peoples pics. But....how do you do that?! Need an invite to be a friend?! I am sooooooooo confused.....:sigh:

And i like being the devils advocate!!! :wink:

:rofl: . . . Well yes, friendster is more of a personal website thingie where you can post your pictures tell more about urself yada yada . . . When you add a friend, you can check out other people who are connected to THAT friend. It's cool to find out that wow, it's a small world out there, say for example one of your friends also know this certain person whom you also know. . . stuff like that. Well, basically that's the gist of what that website is about. :D I know, it's a little teenager-ish, hehe.

Both that and Yahoo Messenger are what we use here though. :wink:

If you've changed your mind at it, don't forget to post your BEST pix on ur friendster, then you'd get these personal messages from both girls and guys . . . don't ya like that!? HAHA.
21.gif

I signed up for friendster because it's a good way of keeping in touch with friends you haven't seen or talked to for a while. For example, I have a friend I haven't seen for 7 years. If he/she has a friendster account, i'd know what he/she has been up to, where he/she works, what he/she looks like.. that stuff. Because of friendster, I learned that a highschool friend of mine is also friends with my law professor. Thus, I got a high grade. hehehe

But the main reason I had you sign up, Mike, is so you can take a look at ish's pictures. Now all you need to do is add her to your friends list. And to do that, you'll be needing her email or full name. :wink: <---PIMP :D

chip104:
hey sista, I'm not the only one! :) re: koya, jon, jag....
ishy, look at it this way, it's all for the betterment of the country! if they come they spend dollars and dollars helps our economy and a better economy makes diving more accessible

imagine your role in all this! you are our hero(ine)

Jag

Mike Veitch:
nope, don't know what it is. Blogs or some such? Shugar tried to get me to click on it last night....

Guess i will break down and go have a look
somebody forgot the Q-REPLY button... tsk tsk tsk

and i'm not getting you to click on the link, chip is, i crusaded against friendster hehehehe

Jag

yomar:
I signed up for friendster because it's a good way of keeping in touch with friends you haven't seen or talked to for a while. For example, I have a friend I haven't seen for 7 years. If he/she has a friendster account, i'd know what he/she has been up to, where he/she works, what he/she looks like.. that stuff. Because of friendster, I learned that a highschool friend of mine is also friends with my law professor. Thus, I got a high grade. hehehe

But the main reason I had you sign up, Mike, is so you can take a look at ish's pictures. Now all you need to do is add her to your friends list. And to do that, you'll be needing her email or full name. :wink: <---PIMP :D
guys,

can you link to the balai friendster account? balai_resort@yahoo.com

thanks

Jag

shugar:
somebody forgot the Q-REPLY button... tsk tsk tsk

and i'm not getting you to click on the link, chip is, i crusaded against friendster hehehehe

Jag
Aha!! the quote button...

I like how you crusaded against it and then ask to link on your next post...

:lol:

How are ya Jag? tis way quiet over here today...and no Ish (heroine) either... :sigh:

Mike Veitch:
Aha!! the quote button...

I like how you crusaded against it and then ask to link on your next post...

:lol:

How are ya Jag? tis way quiet over here today...and no Ish (heroine) either... :sigh:
sucks to be me... i crusaded against it in school and all but had to open one up for the resort...

go figure... friendster is that popular here and i'm really not much of a bandwagon person, especially for something as innane as friendster...

but the resort needed one and... sigh...

Jag

shugar:
but the resort needed one and... sigh...

Jag

Do you run, own, or manage the resort in your sig? I clicked on that a week or so ago. Think i might need to barter some photos for your website one of these days in return for accomodation and diving....

:D

Word over in the MOF thread has it that dlndavid and diver dennis might be headed out PI way soon....

Mike Veitch:
Do you run, own, or manage the resort in your sig? I clicked on that a week or so ago. Think i might need to barter some photos for your website one of these days in return for accomodation and diving....

:D

Word over in the MOF thread has it that dlndavid and diver dennis might be headed out PI way soon....
i run/manage the website - it's my only official connection with the resort

no formal employer-employee relationship although i am very loyal that way and promote them when i can for free...

Jag

PS
dang it IS quiet here........................... still waiting for my approval to enter BP..............

Back
Top Bottom