Meg Teeth in Venice FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recoiljunky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back today from a megalodon tooth hunting trip in Venice Florida. It was a blast! As an added bonus, this weekend was the Shark Tooth Festival in Venice.

I chartered a trip with Captain Jamie aboard the Aristakat on Saturday morning. I can't say enough good things about him and his outfit. Capt. Jamie and his help Scott were helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. The vessel was well sized and very stable. The hot water rinse between dives was a plus too. Capt. Jamie is a member on Scubaboard (which is how I met him) and goes by the username Aristakat. Y'all need to look him up!

Having fossil dived in many locations, I can honestly say that this is a great trip to make. I dove the Cooper last year and the black water diving is not for everybody. On my dive in Venice we had plenty of visibility. It's a perfect dive for seasoned fossil hunters and new divers alike. I believe one of the divers on the boat had just earned his C-card. The town of Venice is very quaint and is filled with great places to eat (although everyone closes a little early.)

If you're looking for a treasure hunting trip consider megalodon tooth hunting in Venice.

Here's a couple pics:

2008_0124Venice20090012.jpg

2008_0124Venice20090014.jpg

2008_0126Venice20090186.jpg

2008_0124Venice20090010.jpg

Sweet..i am heading there in july..soo excited

Over how many dives did you find all of those? Looks like fun!

After you do the boat dive you could always go to Florida West Scuba, rent some tanks dive flag and weights then head to the beach and dive from the shore. More time underwater looking for teeth. I try normally do that on my trips down.

After you do the boat dive you could always go to Florida West Scuba, rent some tanks dive flag and weights then head to the beach and dive from the shore. More time underwater looking for teeth. I try normally do that on my trips down.

I intended to dive from the beach also, but I forgot my dive flag. By the time I found Florida West Scuba to rent a flag, the weather had deteriorated. It wasn't too bad to dive but it was too bad for my wife to lay out on the beach. Next time I'm going to plan on booking several charters on the Aristakat (maybe Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.)

Need a dive buddy this weekend to look for teeth in venice

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Look for the Florida Conch Divers group and then find the venice fossil divers. Lots of good info and people to dive with!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom