Meg Teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem at all Ryan. Its not like I don't know where to dive on some old sharks teeth. I meet lots of people that are down right aggressive when it comes to protecting their secret treasure site. I understand that. I just always have an eye out for new dive sites and it usually doesn't hurt to ask. I actually have more Megs than a man really needs. I may pick up a few more as time passes. Would tickle me pink to pull a $5k tooth outta the mud. Have you ever seen a $5k tooth?

We are still pulling a few old clunky teeth outta the mud down in our neck of the woods. I drove over to a seldom dived site the other day and noticed some old gray Megs coming out of the water. I was expectin the usual frags with dents, dings, peeled enamel, broken tips, and damaged serrations.

I was pleasantly surprised. I will be goin back. U betcha.

So you see, we all have our little secrets.

Good luck!

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I sent you a PM Lee.

Those are nice teeth. It's more along the lines of me respecting others right now. I was lucky enough for some people to put me on a couple of their places and until I find a few more of my own, I just keep them on the DL.

It's a little of a sore subject right now too up my way since there was a good scouring this fall from some commercial boats from out of town if you get my drift. I do know what to look for however to find new spots. I'm always open for a new adventure.

I havn't found a $100 tooth yet I dont think. MOst of the ones Ive been getting are rough in the gum areas.

Ocean dwellers are very protective over sites they claim as theirs. It is just a hobby for me. Met a woman named Nancy on a boat offshore Boynton Beach this past dive season. She had an Atocha coin hanging from her neck. I recognized it immediately. Got to talking to her and she said she was on one of Mel Fishers boats when emeralds were coming up. I find that kind of thing very interesting. Its a fun and interesting hobby.

I just wanted to than you guys for posting these pics, I'm getting spoiled down here in the Caribbean doing 3-4 warm water dives a week, but I almost can't wait until spring when I'll be back home in VA (until I deploy again) to get out and do some dives. As both a fish nerd and someone who has always enjoyed historical bits and fossils, finding my own Megaladon teeth would bevery cool!

Keep the pics coming guys.

You are welcome GoAny. Glad u liked the photos. I found some really nice blue flat water up your direction (VA). It was offshore Carolina Beach NC. The Carolina boys really showed us a good time. Would not hesitate to use them again. Check it out

Hawksbill Dive Boat / Cape Fear Dive Center / Carolina Beach NC

Carolina Beach NC / Hawksbill Dive Boat

The easiest way would be to call Jamie with Aristakat Charters in Venice Florida

I agree with Recoil. Jamie can put you right on top of fossils. Jamie is a prolific collector. Below are some photos I took of a few of the choice teeth in Jamie's personal collection.

100_3311.jpg

100_3320.jpg

Hawksbill is David Smitheys boat. He was one I mentioned I believe earlier. Ive never dove with him though, just go in the shop "browsing" once a weef. (see I got diving on my mind.)

a couple teeth found recently at a super secret location........

Attachments

• 10-20-10 004.jpg
    10-20-10 004.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 65
Hey Lee, those look like the teeth Bill found in Savannah. I know he finds some really nice teeth done there, better then I find up here.

I want to get into the Cooper and Wando a lot more this year and I have a new dive helmet set up with three dive lights attached to it and can not wait to try it out!

Back
Top Bottom