Megadive @ Ginnie!!!!!! May 5-7, 2006!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On I-75, heading North, when you exit, you will be facing SOUTH at the light! Turn RIGHT off the Interstate at the McDonald's. This takes you WEST to High Springs.

If you find yourself in ALACHUA, (the town), turn around and head Northwest, (you went left instead). When approaching High Springs, there has been a lot of construction on the roads. It is safer to stay on 441, until you reach Main Street/236 intersection. There is a TINY, bathroom sized realty office on the near left, and a Hardee's on the far right of the intersection.
If you hit a Winn-Dixie/Marketplace store, you have gone too far. There is only ONE Hardee's in the Megalopolis that is High Springs.
On 236, it is only about a mile from 441 that the road 340 is on the right. There will be a gas station on the left of the intersection.
If, on 236, you pass a Power Substation on the right side, (giant nasty looking electric yard of death), you have gone too far on 236.
On 340, it will seem like you have driven past the road on the right to Ginnie. You will see the water bottling plant on the right and Ginnie is past that. If you come to an intersection with a blinking light overhead and Cave Excursions Dive Shop on the right, turn around and head back 2.5-3 miles. This is, BTW, the BEST place around for air fills! Ginnie does not have nitrox and air fills are more expensive than my kids' therapy bill! They do NOT rent single tanks, or AL's at CE. Those must be rented at Ginnie. OUCH!!! So much for local competition.
In the Turkey Roost area, I'd like to keep as much of the camp area clear of vehicles, just for the safety of the kids we will have. There were WAY too many cases of drivers at the old site almost hitting the lil' ones. This was one of the reasons Ginnie closed access to the smaller springs through the camp areas. I will be dropping my gear at the campsite, then moving my vehicle to the main parking area. I will probably be getting there around 9 am. I will attempt to be on-site earlier, but work until midnight, must drive after that, 40 miles roundtrip to pick up the truck, then load it, then 45 minutes to Ginnie,... yeah, SLEEP will happen after camp gets setup!
UNLESS,........ the 4 year old spends the weekend with Daddy! Hmmm, who was bringing the elephant/otter tranquilizers? The kid's going DOWN like on Mutual of Omaha, baby!

Sings:
"She's heading on a jet plaine ... Going to MegaDive again...
Gonna hang with all my friends ... Can't wait to get there ...
Drive on , oh dive car , Drive on !!! "

I CAN'T WAIT ...
I'll be there sometime after Sundown Friday night...

Someone SAVE A DIVE FOR ME !!!!

Jeano Beano
AKA Can't wait to get out of NYCity !!!

P.S. SUNRISE DIVE??? OK , I'm ready

(The Fool rubbing salt in the wound) Who plans to be there in the AM tomorrow that is willing to dive the Ballroom with me?

I just got my doubles back from VIP and O2 cleaning, and I wouldn't mind having a buddy along for the first dive, just in case.

And Jean, I intend to stay sober so that we can get in a dive tomorrow night.

scubafool:
(The Fool rubbing salt in the wound) Who plans to be there in the AM tomorrow that is willing to dive the Ballroom with me?

I just got my doubles back from VIP and O2 cleaning, and I wouldn't mind having a buddy along for the first dive, just in case.

And Jean, I intend to stay sober so that we can get in a dive tomorrow night.

Awww... BLESS YOUR HEART !!!!!
THANK YOU :D

And I accept the salt btw...Have fun in the morning YA FOOL !!!! :D

Jeano Beano

P.S. See ya tomorrow night ...

Tao of the Dive:
It looks like a straight shot down I-75 until you get to 441 (right turn Clyde), then you make a right turn (Clyde) ...

oh. my. GOD! another bloodhound gang fan!!! we'll have sooo much fun with the ipod!!!

dear chasey lain...hee hee hee!

oh, i'll be in luraville tomorrow afternoon, and high springs early sat morning. i'm bringing the coffee, and i plan to be there in time for that to matter. but, jen, you'll have to start on *your* rum until i get there - sorry. some things are more important. dear chasey lain...hee hee hee hee!

Actually that was any Anywhich Way But Loose reference, but I am a huge bloodhound gang fan too...

And jeano, I'll join you and fool on a late night dive too if you guys are doing the ballroom. I'm not much of a drinker these days anyhow... Fool I should be there about noonish or 1ish at the latest...will be willing to dive after I get tent set up....Gonna try and catch a cat nap on the way down since I'm workin tonight......

MY tank is getting vip'd, so I would only have an al63 available. Also having Lil'B with me, and setting up camp, I'm out for dives until Saturday. After omelet event, I might be up for a quick hit! OOPS! Did I say HIT? I meant, shot of narcosis. I MEAN,... hypothermia, no wait,... nevermind, I'm going on short sleep anyway.
OOGA CHAKA, OOGA CHAKA, OOGA, OOGA, OOGA CHAKA!!!!
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!! BEANS!!!!!!!

Ok, I've really never had the patience to read this entire thread....
I have to work a 24 hour shift on Saturday.

But I will be out at Ginnie TONIGHT for a dive and some fun
and I may come back (slightly sleepy) on Sunday

Who will be there tonight?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, the best place to get fills is Cave Excursions East which will be open to 7PM tonight.

-mike

Mike, I will be there today. I will be driving a big white Chevrolet truck with utility bed and pipe racks on it. In case you didn't catch it, the group will be at the Turkey Roost campsites by the pavilion.

To everyone, I am leaving now, see ya there.

Is Turkey Roost on the side by the Pavilion, or the other side of the Run??

nhb

scubafool:
Mike, I will be there today. I will be driving a big white Chevrolet truck with utility bed and pipe racks on it. In case you didn't catch it, the group will be at the Turkey Roost campsites by the pavilion.

To everyone, I am leaving now, see ya there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom