Megladon Teeth in the Atlantic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to be what they call a "realist". That said, when I go diving I know it is likely that I am not going to find the mother lode of sharks teeth. Its a hobby for me and I find it entertaining. After all, how many teacups from the bottom of the ocean does one man need? I have been on more dives than I can remember where I came up empty handed. I don't have a personal problem with this. I have slept, off and on, all day long, on a freshwater, backwoods, boat with my fishing line in the water and not caught a thing. If I were fishing or finding teeth for a living my perspective would be totally different. If sharks teeth were easy to come by, and everyone had a 55 gallon barrel full, what fun would it be. Diamonds would have very little value if the buying public knew of the apparent truckloads in storage. If something is deemed rare, its value goes way up!

I have been out with Spearit and I can tell you that the video is real. I have only been out twice because the weather was bad but I have collected about fourty teeth. It does help to have a scooter so you can "blow the sand away" and get down to the teeth.

Tom (SPEARIT) would know much better than I about current fossil conditions. Most of my teeth are the little white ones from the Hyde :) But this summer I was witness to a boat that came up with 700 teeth in a day among 19 divers near Frying Pan Tower. We have a handful of great exposed ledges that produce teeth.

Tom - we met a few years back when I worked for Charlie Ussery. Hope all is well with you.

B+

Tom (SPEARIT) would know much better than I about current fossil conditions. Most of my teeth are the little white ones from the Hyde :) But this summer I was witness to a boat that came up with 700 teeth in a day among 19 divers near Frying Pan Tower. We have a handful of great exposed ledges that produce teeth.

Tom - we met a few years back when I worked for Charlie Ussery. Hope all is well with you.

B+
Things are OK, just wish the weather would break so we can get back in the water. How are things with you and where are you now?

Things are OK, just wish the weather would break so we can get back in the water. . ?

What's the approximate water temp right now. I have a couple of nuts that are wanting to try it in the next month or so.

I haven't been watching the weather all the way up in Raleigh. Would like to get back in soon though, I haven't been in salt water since September.

Things are good, since Charlie stopped running charters I've worked in St. Maarten for a little while, then at Aquatic Safaris this summer, now I'm back in school trying to finish a degree. How often are you running charters this time of year?

Offshore water temps are running around 60deg right now. Not bad in a drysuit. It's the wind that's got us right now.
I spent a good bit of time in St. Maarten or St. Martin depending on where you were on the island back during my yacht captain days. Charters are slow right now but I'm doing alot of exploring new ledges with whoever wants to go or just the mate and I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom