Megladon Teeth in the Atlantic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in out of there in the 90's on yachts. Stayed in Port de Plaisance, and the other marina(can't remember the name) on the other side of Simpson bay, when I was running a 106ft Westship. What was the name of the hidden marina on the north tip of the French side? I was taking a 61 Hat to Venezuela and spent 2 months up there around Christmas of 98. Real nice place.

A 106 Westship... That's a serious boat. I bet it fit in well in Gustavia. I've thought about trading my 17ft scout for one someday :) The hidden marina up over the hill you could barely get a car to? That was Anse Marcel. How did you like driving the 61' hatteras through that rocky narrow channel? We had 2 cats with a 26' beam in the fleet that you had to put one hull outside the channel marker with the other side about a foot from the rocks to get it through. One day one of them lost en engine on the way in. That was a fun day, but with a dinghy to help out we got it through without a scrape.

They've just rebuilt most of Anse Marcel, new Radisson and all. It's really nice, but when I was there last March for the regatta it was still pretty empty. Just one restraunt and a little gift/booze store. I love it down there, I had to get out before I ended up staying for life.

I went out A few times last year with Cape Fear Dive Center in Carolina Beach and found more than I hoped for. I think the biggest one I found was 6 1/8 inches. There is a ledge about 35 miles ESE off the island where the locals are bringing them back by the dozens. I chartered CFDC's boat twice and 3 out of 4 dives came back with the booty. I can tell you I will go again this spring. These teeth are amazing.

I went out A few times last year with Cape Fear Dive Center in Carolina Beach and found more than I hoped for. I think the biggest one I found was 6 1/8 inches. There is a ledge about 35 miles ESE off the island where the locals are bringing them back by the dozens. I chartered CFDC's boat twice and 3 out of 4 dives came back with the booty. I can tell you I will go again this spring. These teeth are amazing.

Show us a picture!

down007diver - Have you tried diving out of Wrightsville or Topsail beaches? Spearit knows their stuff when it comes to teeth, and Aquatic Safaris is very convenient to I-40 and has a big, fast boat and fully equipped shop. If you ever get a chance, check out these operations. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

http://www.aquaticsafaris.com/
http://www.spearitcharters.com/

-Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom