Meikon housing a6000 how easy to use the zoom gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomwor2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Has anyone tried the meikon housing for Sony a6000 with tray and arms (right and left handle).

I am looking for a replacement for my Nex5N / Nauticam setup and have noticed the Meikon reviews are getting better and better and the price is really low compared to nauticam housing so thought I might give the Meikon housing a go. But I am worried that the zoom control is hard to get to, as it's located in the front of the housing.

/Tomas

I've never tried NB for A6000. If you just use it in relatively shallow water, the knob should work ok. In deeper water, I can't tell.

If you want reliable housing, try Sea & Sea for A6000
Sea&Sea MDX-

Heh, for the price of the Sea & Sea, you can buy two A6000+Meikon housings if one leaks :wink:

I don't have a tray etc, so I don't have that issue, but I did find the knob a bit uncomfortable to use. I haven't dove it enough to decide if I'll just get used to it. Probably will be adding a tray this year so I'm interested to hear if this is a problem for others!

Back
Top Bottom