Melbourne, Florida Hunting Buds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: Monday July 24
Location: Sea Level Scuba - 1701 N. Wickham Rd. Melbourne, FL 321-255-1825
Time: 6:30 Cold Beer & Soft Drinks
7:00 Meeting Start

Club member Schott Beckam has offered to host the meeting at his dive shop, Sea Level Scuba ( www.sealevelscuba.com see map below). Take this opportunity to get your tanks filled and grab any some last-minute gear before mini season.

Cliff Hagan (Island Pressure) will be delivering a band tying seminar at this month's meeting. Cliff is the undisputed, master band-tyer of Vero Beach Florida, winning the Central Florida regional band tying competition by tying the double constrictor knot behind his back with both eyes closed. Your club officers have made a bulk purchase of band materials and put together a limited number of kits with enough material to make 5 bands per kit. You can purchase the kits and practice making your own bands during the seminar. The kits include 10 ft of high quality 5/8" amber band material, 2 stainless re-usable cable wishbones, dacron wishbones, waxed nylon band tying material, and a double-constrictor knot cheat-sheet. Beer and soft drinks will be provided - food will be available from Thai Kitchen located next to Sea Level Scuba.

Kits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. See you Monday Night!

Jim Gillespie
MBHC President
321-514-0712
jimgillespie@cfl.rr.com

TropicalDiver:
Your club officers have made a bulk purchase of band materials and put together a limited number of kits with enough material to make 5 bands per kit.

Nikki, if any kits happen to be unsold, let me know. I'd be interested in one.

TropicalDiver:
So, you want me to get you one if any left and hand off at JDC? :)

Yes, but better if I send you a PM over on Spearboard, plus an additional topic.

Back
Top Bottom