melon head mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic Shadow with the neoprene strap. I wear 8"+ hats too. Fits me fine.

Tusa Visualator is the most comfortable and best fitting mask I've tried. I wear a size 8 hat and my facial features are proportionately large. Long ago masks were generally larger because they were designed primarily for men. Now they tend to be unisex, tending more toward small. Not long ago, just out of curiosity, I tried on most of the display masks at a dive shop. Not one came close to fitting properly. The frameless masks actually pressed the glass hard against my nose. Somemasks were absolutely impossible to put on, seemingly designed for children. I did not use a strap with any of them, just an inhale.

I have several Visualators, one still in its airtight factory plastic wrap, as a precaution should the mask become unavailable. Masks and hats have always been a problem for me. Not long ago my mother died. While going through all the things she saved during her 92 years I found some of my original government issue military things. Nothing fit anymore, except my 'boonie' fatigue hat, in lovely faded sweat stained OD. I've been wearing it from time to time. What the hell.

Try the Visualator.

Tusa Visualator is the most comfortable and best fitting mask I've tried. I wear a size 8 hat and my facial features are proportionately large. Long ago masks were generally larger because they were designed primarily for men. Now they tend to be unisex, tending more toward small. Not long ago, just out of curiosity, I tried on most of the display masks at a dive shop. Not one came close to fitting properly. The frameless masks actually pressed the glass hard against my nose. Somemasks were absolutely impossible to put on, seemingly designed for children. I did not use a strap with any of them, just an inhale.

I have several Visualators, one still in its airtight factory plastic wrap, as a precaution should the mask become unavailable. Masks and hats have always been a problem for me. Not long ago my mother died. While going through all the things she saved during her 92 years I found some of my original government issue military things. Nothing fit anymore, except my 'boonie' fatigue hat, in lovely faded sweat stained OD. I've been wearing it from time to time. What the hell.

Try the Visualator.

I hear what you are saying. My head got bigger too. I drive motorcyles but stopped for a few years. Other priorities. When I went back, my helmet had shrunk! My there is some truth to neoprene shrinking in closets??:D

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 01:58 PM ----------

Can anyone reply to the nose pocket on the Tusa Visualator? It matches my face and is larger. Is there ample room for fingers to grab the nose pocket/nose? Some of the bigger masks have smaller nose pockets for some reason. Thanks again for all the replys.

I hear what you are saying. My head got bigger too. I drive motorcyles but stopped for a few years. Other priorities. When I went back, my helmet had shrunk! My there is some truth to neoprene shrinking in closets??:D

---------- Post added February 23rd, 2013 at 01:58 PM ----------

Can anyone reply to the nose pocket on the Tusa Visualator? It matches my face and is larger. Is there ample room for fingers to grab the nose pocket/nose? Some of the bigger masks have smaller nose pockets for some reason. Thanks again for all the replys.
I've not had any issue with accessing the nose pocket on this mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom