Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years diving: 35
Years tec diving: 10 (mostly deep spearfishing)
No of deco dives: 100 (I am guessing)
Scuba instructor: yes (PADI) - teach mostly specialties now
Tec instructor? No (but working on it!)
Trimix? yes
Rebreathers? Not yet
Caves? not anymore. I used to cave dive before it evolved into what it is today. I rescued someone one from Morrison Springs (FL) in 1978 and that did it for me. Near drowning rescue. Scared the **** out of me (and I was the rescuer!).
Other comments: Slid into tec diving by intention, so that I could spearfish in deeper waters for longer bottom times. I hated narcosis (couldn't shoot straight or remember the dive) - so trimix was a natural path. Rebreathers are expensive still, and a little scary. But I will get there too (for photography)

I am a retired marine biologist (Ph.D.) and currently practice medicine in Florida. I spend all my free time underwater, teaching, spearfishing, tec-wreck diving, diving with my kids, taking pictures.

Years diving: 35
Years tec diving: 10 (mostly deep spearfishing)
No of deco dives: 100 (I am guessing)
Scuba instructor: yes (PADI) - teach mostly specialties now
Tec instructor? No (but working on it!)
Trimix? yes
Rebreathers? Not yet
Caves? not anymore. I used to cave dive before it evolved into what it is today. I rescued someone one from Morrison Springs (FL) in 1978 and that did it for me. Near drowning rescue. Scared the **** out of me (and I was the rescuer!).
Other comments: Slid into tec diving by intention, so that I could spearfish in deeper waters for longer bottom times. I hated narcosis (couldn't shoot straight or remember the dive) - so trimix was a natural path. Rebreathers are expensive still, and a little scary. But I will get there too (for photography)

I am a retired marine biologist (Ph.D.) and currently practice medicine in Florida. I spend all my free time underwater, teaching, spearfishing, tec-wreck diving, diving with my kids, taking pictures.
Have you speared on the Santa Rosa? I have fished it a number of times, but never speared there (half of what you bring up gets bit in half). I would think it is about the same distance from you as it is from tampa, where I am keeping my boat.

Years tec diving: 2
No of deco dives: 46
Tec instructor nope
Trimix? plan to get the cert this summer (that He bottle in my garage next to the O2 bottle is for filling kids balloons...really....)
Rebreathers? no....I love the sound of my bubbles...
Caves? I love caves. Only cavern certified so far but slowly working forward (don't want to be a "Ben")
Other comments:Mostly sidemounting now. Got hooked on wrecks doing the Windjammer in Bonaire. Also learned there that Helium is our friend. Got a Cuda-X that goes very, very fast.

Last edited:
Years tec diving: 3 years
No of deco dives: 28 dives
Tec instructor? No,
Trimix? Yes. Advance Trimix
Rebreathers? in the process of selecting my equipment
Caves? Yes!
Other comments: Interested in underwater photography on which my favorite subjects are wreck sites. Like to learn more on different gas mix especially the use of Hydrogen. Rebreather is another area that i'm currenty exploring and studying. There are too many model and equipment to choose from.

Years tec diving 3-4.
No of deco dives ~120--not sure
Tec instructor Nope.
Trimix TDI Advanced Trimix; UTD Tech 2
Rebreathers no.
Caves NSS-CDS Full Cave

Other comments I don't have a lot of options living in Colorado, so I try to do what I can. Always looking for the opportunity to go to new places with new people.

Years tech diving ~4
# of deco dives I dont really know, I stopped logging for a year or two. Over 100 cave dives since I picked it back up, and almost all of those are deco dives.
Trimix Yes
Cave Almost exclusively.
Rebreather Not yet

Cave diving has really been my thing for the past few years. I keep trying to get excited about the ocean, but I just can't do it!

Thanks for the invite - and the nudge to post here :)

Years tech diving ~5
No dives ~ 1300 or so
No of deco dives ~around 500
Instructor - yes - for GUE
Trimix. Yes.
Rebreathers. Yes - RB80
Caves. Yes - as much as possible

Done a few 'interesting' dives along the way. Give me a scooter (or two) and a cave and I'm very happy. If I can't get that then deep wrecks are fine too although I'd pass on two scooters off the boat! Fish come in as a very poor third placed choice.

My husband is my buddy (met him through diving) and dives at the level I do.

Name: Craig
Years Diving: 6
# of Tec/Decompression Dives: 69
# of Total Dives: 1,105
SCUBA Instructor: Yes
Tec Instructor: No
Trimix: To pursue after 100 Air-Nitrox/Deco Dives logued
Rebreather: Ultimate goal after disciplined enough from above
Caves: Starting Cavern & Intro to Cave Training this year
Other Comments: Pursued Deeper Diving to become a better Instructor/ General Understanding of the further discipline required and risks involved. Has led to even MORE respect for the basics of diving. Joined group to ask and learn more.

Years tec diving: One
No of deco dives: Just starting..Finished TDI AN/Deco last weekend
Tec instructor No
Trimix? 2 dives to 160ffw with an instructor (loved it!!)
Rebreathers? no....(but my buddy has one)
Caves? I love caves. Full Cave Certified Oct 09
Other comments Loving the view...

Years diving: >10
Years tec diving: 10 (all on Rebreathers)
No of deco dives: >100 (I am guessing)
Scuba instructor: yes ICMC/CMAS
Tec instructor? yes ICMC/CMAS Full Trimix / OC and Rebreather
Trimix? yes
Rebreathers? Yes, Homebuild TR300
Caves? Yes

You can find me also on Facebook lock for "Rebreather Team"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom