Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, my full name is Chris Brown.

Owner of Silent World Dive Center in Key Largo FL Silent World Dive Center Primarily a recreational Keys dive shop, but I specialize in tec (is this how we have to spell it now?:wink: and CCR

Regular tec charters and tec classes all year round. (Now is the best time for tec - perfect conditions and quiet in town:)) 2 x small boats, nitrox, trimix, full tec rentals.

I also own The Deco Stop The Deco Stop with Peter Sotis from Add Helium

I am an IANTD, PADI and TDI Open Circuit Tec instructor thru trimix

I also teach the Inspiration, Evolution and Poseidon MKVI Discovery rebreathers and am a CCR Cave diver

Each year I host a wreck/tec diving event called WRECKFEST (now in its fifth year)

Contrary to what some may think, I do not do tec for "the money" as I make more doing recreational charters, however its tec that I am passionate about. Its what gets me out of bed and motivated in the mornings. I spend hours on the internet on forums giving advice, taking advice, taking criticism, debating etc LOL. I'll dive with just about anyone. Feel free to PM Me anytime with any questions or call me on my cell (305) 395-1194

Years tec diving: Zero
No of deco dives: 3 (just finished class)
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? GUE T1
Rebreathers? No
Caves? Nope

Name's Ari. Got into diving for the marine life. Still don't really enjoy lifeless wrecks, but had a surprising amount of fun on the Vickery and Jodrey this past weekend, so maybe there's freshwater wreck-based hope for me in the future. Mostly diving off Jersey.

welcome ari!!!!
just got out drifting above the vickery!!!like 35 mins ago
...whilst nyc was getting it's a$$ kicked with snow.....
go figure!!!
i see more life underwater than i ever do above
even on "lifeless wrecks"
besides a lot of history,a lot of transition from what it originally was
sometimes the fun is just who you're diving with-as it was today!!!!!
enjoy!
and
have fun
yaeg

Thanks yaeg. The Vickery had lots of life when I wasn't getting the crap beat out of me by the current (more about me than about the current that day!).

The Jodrey was another story. Lots of fish on deco...not so many on the wreck. There was a cool suspended bubble though due to a pretty wicked downcurrent. :)

Year of Tec Dive: 6 years
Trimix: Yes
Wreck: Yes
Rebreather: Yes but just certified
Instructor: Yes, IANTD Normaxic Trimix Instructor

I lived in Taiwan, and most of my Tec dives are made in Philippines.
I started tec dives just after reading the novel " the Last Dive".
till now, really enjoy every part of all my tec dives.
In the future, planning to learn cave diving.

It's really pleasure to join this forum and hope to learn more from you.
Cheers.

Phil Hsieh

Years "tec" diving: 4
Total "tec" dives: Deco- 30 Cave- 80
Instructor: Nope
Trimix: TDI Adv. Trimix
Rebreathers: Doing the Sentinel Expedition in Spring 2012
Caves: NSS-CDS Basic Cave
Other comments: I did my Trimix certs because I wanted to do some of the deep wrecks and deep wall dives in cayman and the bahamas and places like that, and I went with some of my buddies to Ginnie Springs and was immediately hooked on cave diving and I got my certs as fast as I could and I will be finishing Apprentice and Full this winter or spring.

Years Diving: 16
Tech Diving: 3
No of Tech Dives: 100+
Trimix: Yes
Cave: Yes NSS-CDS member NACD
No of Cave Dives: 76
Rebreather: No
Side Mount: Yes
Instructor: PADI-235075 SDI/TDI-15395
Other: When not cave diving or teaching I can be found on
the R/V Garloo tying in on wrecks and working as part of the crew

Hey Tim! Good to see you here on SB! Talk soon. Chris

Years Tec Diveing: Started in 1994
Cave: Yes Full Cave cert in 1995
Trimix: no cert...but have done dives...Will try to get cert this summer
Wreck: Yes
Rebreather:looking into this

HI

I started diving in the early 90's and quickly transitioned into wreck and then cave diving. I live in Michigan near Lake Huron so I dive the wrecks there. My Parents live in Florida and I get there several times a year and try to get into the caves when I'm there. I enjoy all
types of diving from tek dives that take lots of planning to the easy drift dives to enjoy seeing coral and fish.

Jim Fox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom