Memory Limitations with SDHC cards and the DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a DX-1G and was wondering if there are any limitations on the memory size of SDHC cards. That is, can the camera accept cards with more than 4 GB of storage on them? I have seen several SDHC cards that have a lot more than 4 GB but don't want to invest in them if the camera will not recognize anything higher than 4 GB.

Regards,

Bill

Page 197 of the DX-1g manual shows the approximate number of pictures that can be stored on various size memory cards. The largest card in the table is 4 G. I have been using 2G without any issue.

I think its better to buy a couple of 2G cards rather than one 4G card. If something bad happens, you are less likely to lose all of your pictures.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The SEA&SEA DX-1G will support SD memory cards 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB), SDHC memory card (4GB), Multi-media card, Internal memory (26MB).

thanks for the info. It is really helpful. I love your cameras and have used them for years.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the input Sideways. I will look for 8gb cards.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom