***Meridian NO FLY Time***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Scubapro Team,

My NO Fly always reads around 7 hours after a dive compared to my friends with a SUUNTO that registers 12 hours. After Multi Day/ Multi Dives PADI says 18 hours. I have done 2 dives on a Saturday and 1 on a Sunday and based on my Meridian it still states 7 hours. While my friends may register 12-18 hours.

I went on a night dive and stayed below 30ft my Meridian didn't register a NO FLY. I normally live by the 24 hour rule but I just am wondering if I need to get my watch serviced.

Help!

Cheers,
Ferdie

Is it no fly time or desaturation time? Regardless, it appears you probably still have a problem. I dive Oceanic computers, they have a 24h no fly default regardless of the number of dives. On the other hand, the desat time is quite variable based on exposure. I don't recall ever looking after one shallow dive. My desat times are often less than my 24h no fly time but after an intense period of diving it has exceeded that value.

I'm sure you've checked your manual

Hi DirtyFerdie,

It's always appropriate to use a 24 hour rule, especially if it makes you feel more comfortable (and conveniently your gear gets a chance to dry!). The no-fly is based on a calculation, which could have legitimately given an accurate shorter window- it's entirely dependent on your profiles and data. Without your profiles, we can't really give input as to whether your computer is functioning properly or not. If you have access to a cradle and can upload your profiles, you can send them to us for evaluation. Feel free to send me a PM with your profiles.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

Kate- Thank you and I will do ahead and buy the cradle today. It is better to safe then having to worry about no fly. I will get you the information ASAP... You are the reason I am a Scubapro addict!

Scubadada- Thank you for the response... On the Meridian you have a DeSat and NO FLY separation so there is no confusion between the two.

Great CX service and response time!

Cheers,
Ferdie

Back
Top Bottom