Mermet Springs, DUI DOG Rally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blu Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Arrived at Mermet Springs Sunday morning, a beautiful day for diving. Blue skies and comfortable fall temperatures with a slight breeze. The smell of BBQ in the air and the chipper sounds of fellow divers geaing up for their dives. My buddy and I tried some undergarments that DUI had for the test divers. The XM450 Thinsulate is a very warm undergarment; not once did I feel chilled at any point through out either dive today. However, it does add quite a bit of buoyancy. The Visibility was patchy, in the deep end of the pool there were areas where the viz dropped to only a couple of feet, then opened back up to about 15-20'. Surprisingly the best viz we had was over at the jet (30'), and even better viz inside the plane. The fish were swarming the shallow platforms waiting for a free meal. Naturally I delivered, coming through with some Viena Sausages. I would guess there were about 75 fish. The big albino catfish was at the platform next to us and decided NOT to join the feeding frenzy! The Surface temperature was 79 degrees and at 118' the usual 43 degrees (pick your temperature). The thermal cline was at 34 feet. They had a very nice turn out and I enjoyed visiting with friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Good times and safe dives!

BLU

Back
Top Bottom