Metal Detecting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about this:

I am working as an intructor, and sometimes, I join fun dives while another instructor or divemaster is taking divers out on a tour on one dive site. During that time, it would be cool to have an underwater metal detector to help find anything at all PLUS, pick up trash as well.

I suppose those metal detectors that work underwater can also be used on land.

I don't know how much those things cost but if you could give me ideas, why not? Of course, if it's too expensive, I might as well sit back here and listen to all your stories and dream on. :)

P.S., HOW DO I PUT EMOTICONS ON MESSAGES???

newwavedivers, I think the best detector for you would be a Fisher M-Scope 1280X. It is easy to use and would work fine for what you’re looking for. Cost, let me look into that. I have a friend that is sells them, I will contact him and let him post. His company is called Warner Distributor. I had a booth next to him at Our World Underwater. He was the one who got me started. I can tell you this much, good detectors are going to run from around $300.00 up to around $1,200.00 depending how fancy you want to go. You can look at it like this however, I paid for mine within 2 months of buying it!

Newwavedivers, I have to admit I'm a bit confused about your emoticon inquiry. Either I don't know what one is, or I don't understand your question. My understanding of an emoticon is a combination of keyboard strokes, that by themselves don't mean much at all, begin to say something very cool when put together. For example a @>---;--- might be a rose I give to someone.... otherwise a smilie will help you say what you need. If that is what you are looking for, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the underlined word that says Smilies and that'll give you a list of different graphics that you can use in your posts.

We do ask that the smilies aren't abused in posts, as that will slow the server down for others...

DEEP SEA,

I paid for mine within 2 months of buying it!

Do you mean that within 2 months of buying your detector you had found enough goodies to more than pay for the cost of the gear?

What were you finding?

=-)

King Neptune - Yep, I got lucky right off the bat! I found a gold dimond ring and one earing that had 7 dimonds in it. I also made a lot of new friends and lost some weight on top of it all! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom