MetroWest Dive Club's 12th Annual Wrecks Symposium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The MetroWest Dive Club is pleased to announce it's 12th annual Wrecks Symposium, WRECKS 2004, being held Saturday, April 17th, 2004 at the Keefe Technical High School in Framingham, MA. WRECKS 2004 will bring divers and shipwreck enthusiasts from all over the East Coast to listen and question experts in the field of shipwreck history and shipwreck diving.

In store this year we have Ben Cowie-Haskell from NOAA who will be speaking about the Portland in our very own Stellwagon Bank National Marine Sanctuary. Dave Caldwell and Heather Knowles of Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions will be speaking on some of the notable wrecks in Massachusetts Bay, such as their new discovery, the USS YF 415. Tom Rutledge will be traveling down from Northern Tech Divers in Kingston, Ontario to speak on some of the fabulous fresh water wrecks in Lake Ontario. And lastly, Michael Barnette of the Association of Underwater Explorers, based out of Tampa Florida, will be detailing some of the historical shipwrecks in the Florida area, such as the Queen of Nassau.

Along with the speakers, we will have a photography display, an artifact display, and an equipment display jam packed with dive configurations, as well as a good number of rebreathers and scooters for you to check out. There will also be an exhibition hall holding organizations, instructors, shops, equipment manufacturers, as well as Kevin McMurray who will be debuting his new book; Dark Descent, about the Empress of Ireland.

You will also want to check out the raffle prize table, as we have one of the most extensive raffles we have ever been able to put together, complete with reels, manifolds, bands, backplates, books, classes, magazines and magazine subscriptions, dive charters, and much more!

One very special addition this year that I am looking forward to is we have lined up the head of Keefe Tech's culinary program to prepare a wonderful lunch.

The doors open at 8:15 and the auditorium ramps up at 8:45. The speakers run until 3:30, and are followed by a Meet the Speakers Party at the La Cantina restaurant a short walk away from 4:30 to 7:00. This year we have also teamed up with the Oceanic Research Group who will be premier the film, The Silent Wrecks of Kwajalein Atoll from 7:00 to 9:00 at Nevins Hall, 150 Concord Street in Framingham Center.

Your last chance for $12 pre-sale tickets will be this Tuesday, April 13th, at the MWDC Club meeting at the Crowne Plaza on Rt. 9 eastbound at the Framingham, Natick line. After that tickets will be available for $15 at the door of the show. See http://www.mwdc.org/wrecks2004/ for more details, an feel free to contact me at wrecks@mwdc.org, or via PM, if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!

Tom R:
Thought this may be interest for anyone looking to do something next week, we could have a OFWF bash at Cheers.

It sounds interesting dude but I will be away for 2 weeks. Florida for a week starting on the 17 April. I get back on the 24th and then head out to San Francisco the following Wednesday. I will head back down to Kingston the second weekend in May. See you then.

I will try to make it for sure Tom . Sounds very interesting....
See you there.

For those of you guys planning on coming down; I was able to priceline rooms at The Courtyard by Marriott in Natick/Framingham Massachusetts for $50.

Natick - Framingham
342 Speen Street
Natick, Massachusetts 01760
508-655-6100

Tom R:
Thought this may be interest for anyone looking to do something next week, we could have a OFWF bash at Cheers.

Well, Cheers would be a bit out of the way, being about 1/2 hour to get into Boston; but there -is- the commuter train that is pretty close to the Keefe Tech school. However I might have to point you on over to John Harvards, which could actually be walking distance from the Hotel :wink:

Spectre:
For those of you guys planning on coming down; I was able to priceline rooms at The Courtyard by Marriott in Natick/Framingham Massachusetts for $50.

Natick - Framingham
342 Speen Street
Natick, Massachusetts 01760
508-655-6100

Well, Cheers would be a bit out of the way, being about 1/2 hour to get into Boston; but there -is- the commuter train that is pretty close to the Keefe Tech school. However I might have to point you on over to John Harvards, which could actually be walking distance from the Hotel :wink:

I already have plans with you and someelse don't I :wink:

Went last year and it was a blast.

Already have my ticket and plan to be there!

I am planning on being there as well.

Hmmm... Jeff you playing AV boy again?

Chickdiver and I can point and laugh when you fix slide projectors!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom