Mexico - Air Travel Exit Process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Coz twice since the required COVID test to return. I used the Verifly app both times. The app is poorly written and requires plenty of trial and error to use correctly. We had printed results just in case, but we got right into check-in line just flashing the info from our phone.

Obviously the second trip was much easier, since the app was already installed and basic info stored. We got tested at CostaMed and had the antigen test results back in about an hour. Screen capture the document, drag and drop into Verifly.
Were you checking in with AA? From your observations were the paper records from other passengers the tests causing an appreciable delay in check in???

I surmise that they still don't have everything running smooth. Upon return Feb 27 I had the negative test results ready (paper copy) in hand.
Check in at AA counter CZM --Passport and the bottom half of the immigration form from our entry a week earlier.
I offered the test result paper but agent said they want it in U.S. immigration Port Of Entry not here in Mexico.
Arrived in Dallas handed agent our passports - got picture taken -gave the test paper agent ask what I was giving him -- he said he did not need to see it.

so got back to States with no one asking for the test results.

Just another government regulation enacted before procedures in place to handle. But I bet they spent $$$$$$$ to print up the the regulation with no procedure. Then spent more $$$$$$$ to an outside (politically connected no bid emergency) contractor to come up with the procedure and have him print up all the extra verbiage that goes with it.

Love it.

I surmise that they still don't have everything running smooth. Upon return Feb 27 I had the negative test results ready (paper copy) in hand.
Check in at AA counter CZM --Passport and the bottom half of the immigration form from our entry a week earlier.
I offered the test result paper but agent said they want it in U.S. immigration Port Of Entry not here in Mexico.
Arrived in Dallas handed agent our passports - got picture taken -gave the test paper agent ask what I was giving him -- he said he did not need to see it.

so got back to States with no one asking for the test results.

Just another government regulation enacted before procedures in place to handle. But I bet they spent $$$$$$$ to print up the the regulation with no procedure. Then spent more $$$$$$$ to an outside (politically connected no bid emergency) contractor to come up with the procedure and have him print up all the extra verbiage that goes with it.

Love it.
Whatever. I'm just going to do what they tell me and if they don't look at it, I won't sweat it. If there are some disconnects in what passes for a system, I'm not surprised. This is unprecedented and everyone is figuring it out as we go.

We just got into the check-in line. There was nobody pre-screening the flash a phone or show a paper to.

It is supposed to be shown to the airline before you get on the plane. By the time you get to the States the point is moot. Agents there might spot check but I've not heard of them actually doing so.

We just got into the check-in line. There was nobody pre-screening the flash a phone or show a paper to.

It is supposed to be shown to the airline before you get on the plane. By the time you get to the States the point is moot. Agents there might spot check but I've not heard of them actually doing so.
We had immigration ask to look at our negative test results when we arrived in Seattle. Kinda curious what they would have said if we had thrown them away once we were on the plane.

Just got through customs. At checkin they request passport, exit visa, and COVID test. They then hand you a COVID questionnaire to state your exposure over the last 14 days, fever, etc. The security check point will want the completed form. But, this can be done online in advance through a link from the airlines’ app or website. It gives you a QR code to scan at the check point. Easypeesy. Roadwarriors: there is no pre check, so take out your laptops and take off your shoes. Don’t give em any ****. They don’t care!

Just got through customs
In DFW? The rest of your post sounds like you were on your return. Except the time of your post at 1:12pm doesn't fit? Maybe you meant thru departure security?

But, this can be done online in advance through a link from the airlines’ app or website. It gives you a QR code to scan at the check point.
I think only American has that. Thanks for the information.

In DFW? The rest of your post sounds like you were on your return. Except the time of your post at 1:12pm doesn't fit? Maybe you meant thru departure security?

I think only American has that. Thanks for the information.
I was on my return and on Southwest. Southwest has the link to an online health questionnaire also

still test positive even tho not sick. I'm staying masked for the rest of the year. I think that I'll get tested right before leaving to make sure I'm clean to go.

Dandydon I wish they would post this and people actually read it. You can still test positive and transmit it after having the vaccine. So many people think I'm vaccinated and safe and it's not true. Smh

So many people think I'm vaccinated and safe and it's not true.
It's still the right thing to do. Did you notice my new avatar? I just got an email that I have two more new Ts at the PO.

Back
Top Bottom